Korean pop idol and actor Rain will return to Vietnam to perform in a national pageant at Phú Thọ Gymnasium in HCM City’s District 11.
Rain, who is also known as Bi and whose real name is Jung Ji Hoon, will be on stage only 15 minutes during the final round of the Miss Vietnam 2016 pageant on August 28.
The 34-year-old, who is a household name in his native country and popular in Asia, will sing three songs while performing with 30 finalists. He will be accompanied by his own group of dancers.
The Korean and Vietnamese organisers, including specialists in sound and light effects, have worked hard preparing for his performance. More than 30 bodyguards will protect the singer while he is in the city.
Born in 1982, Rain was initially a dancer. He is now a solo singer with a deep, soft voice and amazing dancing skills. He is also an accomplished actor.
In 2005 he was the only non-Japanese Asian singer to be invited to the MTV Japan Awards as a performing artist. The other guests were singers Ashanti and Mariah Carey.
One year later, he held his first solo concert in the US, entitled Rainy Day in New York, at New York’s Madison Square Garden. The event sold out and he was later named one of the world’s 100 most influential people by Time Magazine.
His hits are “I Do”, “Bad Guys”, “How to Avoid The Sun” and “It’s Raining”, all of them wildly popular in Vietnam.
Rain has been called the Asian Michael Jackson.
In 2006, Rain performed in Hanoi and HCM City as part of his Asian Tour, dazzling more than 30,000 people in the audience.
Organised by the Tiền Phong newspaper, the final round of Miss Vienam 2016 pageant will feature 30 contestants competing in the categories of traditional costume, evening dress and swimwear.
The jury will choose five candidates to take part in a question-and-answer session.
The winner will receive a VNĐ500 million award (US$22,700), while first and second runner-ups will take home VNĐ300 million ($13,600) and VNĐ250 million ($11,300), respectively.
It also features music stars Thu Minh, Hà Anh Tuấn, Noo Phước Thịnh, Đông Nhi, and Vietnamese-American Tóc Tiên.
The event will be broadcast live on Vietnam Television’s channels VTV9 and VTV1.
- ‘My Ignorance of Culture’: K-Pop Star Sunmi Lashed for Mocking Classical Indian Dance, Apologises
- Why Taylor Swift, Selena Gomez & Other Female Pop Stars Created a Support System in 2017
- How Jason Derulo Went From Pop Star To The King Of TikTok
- Vietnamese youth thrilled by virtual K-pop show Dream Concert CONNECT
- U.S. Politics Should’ve Seen K-Pop Stans Coming
- Korean influence pervasive in Vietnam’s showbiz – Part 1: K-pop
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES JULY 30
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES JULY 21
- Yohan dead at 28 – TST K-Pop singer dies as devastated family won’t reveal cause of death
- BTS is Coming: K-Pop Phenomenon's New Single Set For Release in August
- Black K-pop fans continue to face racism online
- How COVID-19 suddenly interrupted Vietnam's rise on global tourism map
Korean pop star Rain to return to Vietnam have 494 words, post on at August 24, 2016. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.