A new stadium and new start times for the Atlanta Braves, as they announced Wednesday that all weekday evening homes games will begin at 7:30 p.m. to improve fans travel experience.
The decision was made after a comprehensive traffic data study by Kimley-Horn showed that the majority of traffic clears out by 7 p.m.
“We recognize that traffic in the Atlanta area is an issue, and certainly has been a key frustration at Turner Field before and after ball games,” said Mike Plant, Braves president, development. “But the combination of tremendous infrastructure improvements, 360-degree access to the ballpark, pre- and post-game activities at The Battery Atlanta, and our new start time will make travel to and from SunTrust Park a better experience for our fans.”
The Braves also launched a Web site that details infrastructure improvements around the SunTrust Park area, and plans for easing congestion to the stadium and the mixed-us development. It includes 14 primary access points compared to two at Turner Field, 360-degree parking surrounding the ballpark, three pedestrian bridges and more total parking.
“At SunTrust Park, we will be closer to the majority of our fans and benefit from the multitude of transportation enhancements, many that were already underway or planned for the area,” Plant said. “These improvements are going to make traveling to the ballpark a much more enjoyable experience for the majority of Braves Country.”
- The best Presidents Day gaming laptop sales and deals for 2021
- The best games on Xbox Game Pass for 2021
- No more tiers? Regional Covid-19 curbs could be scrapped under plan to ease restrictions on a national basis when lockdown ends
- Full text of PM Modi’s 73rd episode of Mann Ki Baat
- Have an unhappy Christmas: Government scientists advise no singing, dancing or BOARD GAMES (and isolate for two weeks before and after five-day 'bubble break')
- The best co-op games for 2021
- Lakers vs Celtics live stream: How to watch the big game online anywhere
- China ignores new trade minister's letter for a MONTH after he tried to ease trade tensions
- Japan PM says Olympics will unite world in hope
- The great clean-up begins: Workers start clearing plastic junk from Serbia's 'lake of trash' after images of its pollution went around the world
- Teaching unions push for an EVEN LONGER schools closure as they warn even March 8 could be 'too early' to return to the classroom
- Boris Johnson begins work on roadmap OUT of lockdown: PM hopes to present plan within weeks as cases ease and deaths show first signs of flattening
Braves to start weekday evening games at 7:30 pm to ease traffic concerns have 413 words, post on www.foxsports.com at August 3, 2016. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.