The Bahamas issued a travel advisory for its citizens who plan to travel to the US, citing the recent shootings of black men by police officers.
“The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Immigration has taken a note of the recent tensions in some American cities over shootings of young black males by police officers,” the statement says.
“We wish to advise all Bahamians traveling to the US but especially to the affected cities to exercise appropriate caution generally,” it continued.
“In particular young males are asked to exercise extreme caution in affected cities in their interactions with the police. Do not be confrontational and cooperate.”
This advisory comes after two black men – Alton Sterling and Philando Castile – were shot and killed by police earlier this week, the latest in a series of similar incidents, as well as the killing of five police officers in a coordinated sniper attack in Dallas on Thursday.
- Tit for Tat: Furious Ankara Issues Travel Warning for Turks in Germany
- UK weather forecast: Travel chaos as ‘severe’ snow and ice hits Britain today after Met Office issues yellow warnings
- WHO calls out the UK for scaling back coronavirus testing and issues stark warning to governments 'not to just let this fire burn' in thinly-veiled swipe at Boris Johnson's handling of deadly outbreak
- UK weather forecast – Met Office issues AMBER warning saying ‘deep’ flooding will pose ‘danger to life’
- Fed chief issues stark warning to Congress on deficits
- Germany's central bank issues recession warning
- America's hospitals will be overrun with coronavirus in just EIGHT DAYS: Obama's Medicare boss issues dire warning as doctors say as many as 500,000 are already infected and 10 MILLION will need care
- Coronavirus crisis: What travelers now need to know
- The travel insurance ‘minefield’ and what you need to know about coronavirus
- Travel Advice For Coronavirus: Everything You Need To Know
- Coronavirus Australian Travel Ban: Which countries are safe to visit
- Is it safe to travel to Bangkok and Phuket? Latest advice as Thailand updates coronavirus quarantine rules
The Bahamas just issued a travel warning to the US have 331 words, post on www.businessinsider.sg at July 9, 2016. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.