A customs officer at Da Nang International Airport has been reassigned pending an internal investigation after a woman posted a complaint on Facebook accusing him of soliciting bribes. The Vietnamese woman, a university teacher, said in the Facebook post on Tuesday that she arrived in Da Nang the previous night from the United States, and the officer found six bottles of supplements in her luggage. He said the bottles were subjected to taxes but she could simply give him some “money for a drink,” according to the post. She gave him a VND200,000 bill and the officer asked for “another bill” for his colleague. Pham Duy Nhat, director of the customs department at the airport told Thanh Nien Wednesday that the officer, who is not identified, has been removed from the luggage check unit. He said he will look into security footage before imposing necessary punishment. According to Vietnam’s customs regulations, luggage brought from overseas are subject to taxes only when exceeding personal use limits.
- CBI arrests two for trying to bribe Customs officer in Mumbai
- Former customs officer jailed for fraudulently obtaining GST refunds at Changi Airport
- Vietnam customs officer escapes jail time in massive smuggling case
- UPDATE: Former high ranking Lake County police commander Daniel Murchek is indicted in the towing bribery scandal
- 42 kg of pangolin scales seized in Vietnam airport
- Chinese arrested with 6.5 kg of drugs at Vietnam airport
- Customs officers get suspended sentences in smuggling case of Gucci products
- Binh Duong Customs Office: Side by Side with Businesses
- Customs officer suspended following arrest
- AR experience Terminal 3 puts you in the boots of a U.S. customs officer
Customs officer at Vietnam airport caught in bribery scandal have 288 words, post on at July 6, 2016. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.