Conference seeks to raise business competitivenessAdministrative reform, integration and business competitiveness drew the attention of associations and enterprises at a conference in Ho Chi Minh City on June 29. Chairman of the Vietnam Chamber of Commerce and Industry (VCCI) Vu Tien Loc, who is also deputy head of the Prime Minister’s Advisory Council for Administrative Procedure Reform, highlighted Resolution 35 dated May 16, 2016 on supporting and developing enterprises to 2020 as the Government’s first long-term policy on business development. The resolution affirms the important role played by private firms in the country’s industrialisation and modernisation, and improving the national economy’s competitiveness, he said. Under the document, Vietnam aims to have about 1 million enterprises which are competitive and run in a sustainable manner. Of the total, more than 30 percent will be innovators. Private firms are expected to make up half of national GDP. Tran Viet Anh, General Director of Thai Son Company, said small- and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) should receive further optimal conditions to grow stronger. Besides, start ups should be oriented to operate in different sectors. Vu Kim Hanh, Chairwoman of the Business Association of High-Quality Vietnamese Products, suggested enterprises be equipped with knowledge about integration and…
- Baton Rouge area Business Briefs for Jan. 26, 2020
- US airlines briefed on government measures to stop spread of deadly coronavirus
- NI agri-food businesses briefed on post-Brexit rules
- Bitch Better Have My Money: A Brief History of Artists Not Paying Their Taxes
- Irving Azoff's Global Music Rights Asks Court to Ignore 'Unhelpful and Wrong' Brief in Licensing Fight
- Channing Tatum and Jessie J rekindle their romance after realising during brief split that 'they really care about one another'
- Brexit chaos and confusion leaves business leaders across Europe dismayed
- ANDREW PIERCE: PM's shadowy hitman and the phone call that ended the career of pro-Brexit business chief
- Brexit weekly briefing: MPs prepare to make do or amend
- High policy rate: Private businesses borrowing plunges by 96% in Jul-Nov
BUSINESS IN BRIEF 1/7 have 336 words, post on at June 30, 2016. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.