Over one million people jobless in Q1 A little more than one million people of working age nationwide were unemployed in the first quarter, up by 20,700 compared to the last quarter of 2015, according to an updated report of the Ministry of Labor, Invalids and Social Affairs. The overall unemployment rate in quarter one was 2.25%, up from 2.18% in the previous quarter. There were 540,700 unemployed people aged from 15 to 24 in the period, down by 18,700 quarter-on-quarter but still accounting for over half of the total. The jobless rate for this group was 6.63%, lower than in the last quarter of 2015 and the same period last year. However, the rates of young people in urban areas, people aged from 20 to 24 with college degrees, and holders of university decrees or higher remained high at 10.2%, 16.3% and 19.6% respectively. In quarter one, skilled workers accounted for 441,100 or 44% of the unemployed, up by 23,700 over the previous quarter. Among them, 190,900 had bachelor’s decrees or higher, up 35,400 in number quarter-on-quarter and accounting for over 43% of the number of jobless skilled laborers, followed by workers having college degrees with 27%. Doan Mau…
- Social Media Tips - Using Online Network Services to Build a Sense of Community, Part III
- Social Media - You Becoming the Media
- Social Networking Startups
- Social Media - The 4 Steps in 30 Minutes a Day Social Media Marketing Plan
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 16
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 17
- Good Night, Good Luck - Does TV News Still Matter?
- On Stopping Social Minimalism
- How Social Media Can Help Your Business
- Social Security Disability Versus Unemployment Benefits
Social News 30/5 have 267 words, post on at May 29, 2016. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.