Claudio Ranieri shed tears of joy in the April sunshine as his Leicester City team closed in on the Premier League title with a 2-0 win against Sunderland. But second-placed Tottenham Hotspur showed they will not give up on their own dreams of the trophy by responding with a 3-0 hammering of Manchester United at White Hart Lane. At the end of another dramatic day, the gap at the top still stood at seven points, with five matches to play. After Jamie Vardy ended his recent mini goal-drought by scoring Leicester’s second-half goals against Sunderland, Ranieri was visibly emotional on the pitch as he applauded the travelling fans. Vardy’s 20th and 21st league goals of the season had his manager struggling to not only contain but also explain his emotions. “It’s difficult to say how I feel inside but I’m not complaining,” the Italian said. Leicester’s win means they need only nine points to secure a first top-flight title. Spurs swept to victory against a United team that barely threatened as an attacking force with three goals in six minutes in the second half. Dele Alli broke the deadlock before Toby Alderweireld and Érik Lamela turned the screw on United… Read full this story
- Sembaruthi update, November 20: Parvathy wins the support of the workers
- Howard sheds tears of joy as takes the reins at Michigan
- 'Soulless leisure shed' in Stockport wins Carbuncle Cup
- Oscars: Mahershala Ali Wins Best Supporting Actor for 'Moonlight'
- Allison Janney wins best supporting actress for I, Tonya at Oscars 2018
- Leicester City’s title triumph: the inside story of an extraordinary season
- Can Leicester City upset the odds and win another Premier League title?
- EPL: Leicester joy dampened as Rodgers confirms release clause
- EPL PHOTOS: Leicester surge on towards title; Chelsea halt West Ham
- Rodgers: High-flying Leicester can compete for Europe's top players
Claudio Ranieri sheds tears and dedicates win to Leicester’s supporters have 324 words, post on www.theguardian.com at April 10, 2016. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.