Bengaluru becomes the second city to get the UberMOTO service after Bangkok where the service was launched on 24th February. 2-wheeler taxis have been banned in Karnataka.
Uber has launched a two-wheeler taxi service called UberMOTO in Bengaluru while the fare rates start at Rs. 3 per km and the costliest ride will ask for a price of Rs. 5 per km. With this new service, the cab aggregator aims at setting up a new source of income in the country.
The UberMOTO service was first launched in Bangkok on 24th February while Bengaluru becomes the second as the company thinks that both the cities are facing a similar traffic congestion problem where reaching a speed of 10 km/hr seems to be a task too tall during peak hours.
The UberMOTO service will initially be offered on a pilot basis where the company will charge a commission of 20 percent and if it succeeds in Bengaluru, it will be expanded to other parts of the country and will prove to be a sizeable source of income for the world’s most valuable startup.
Uber sees a lot of potential in solo riders who can take along a pillion going on the same route while the company will provide a payment option of cash or credit and an electronic receipt will also be provided. The new service will find competition from companies such as Rapido while Ola has also gone ahead and launched Ola Bike, a similar type of service. The Karnataka government has called these services illegal and has already seized 5 Uber 2-wheeler taxis and 2 Ola bikes.
– Uber has launched a bike taxi service called UberMOTO in Bengaluru
- New York Democrats Gift 250,000 Illegal Alien Drivers to Uber, Delivery Companies
- Dutch police launch criminal investigation into Uber
- Look who attended the big fat Reddy wedding in Bengaluru
- Rs 500 crore wedding celebrations begin in Bengaluru
- Mahindra Glyd-es into Mumbai's app-based taxi business; to rival Uber, Ola
- India’s Ola shutters its on-demand food and grocery ordering services
- 3 more UK cities added to Ola's roadmap
- Uber aims for stock market debut value of more than $90bn
- Last hurdle before Manyata tech park
- Uber warns it 'may not achieve profitability' as it aims for $100bn valuation
- I Was Detained By Killers from the Cannibal Cartel
- Autonomous Ubers Now Picking People Up in San Francisco
UberMOTO Bike Taxi Service Launched In Bengaluru; Now Illegal have 377 words, post on www.motorbeam.com at March 6, 2016. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.