Yahoo is reported to have rejected “several” offers to take over its core internet business, Reuters reported on Thursday. It said the potential buyers included a private-equity firm, citing three anonymous sources. The report added that Yahoo will most likely announce its next strategic steps only after its earnings, which is scheduled for February 2. One of the sources told Reuters that Yahoo will present its future plan during the earnings call in order to “gauge shareholder reaction.” The last time Yahoo rebuffed offers to buy its core business was in December, before the board meeting in which the company decided not to spin off its Alibaba assets, the report said. Yahoo never launched a formal sales process. In December, Yahoo reversed its plan to spin off its holdings in Asian assets, announcing that it would explore a spin-off of its core business instead. Yahoo’s chairman, Maynard Webb, said it’s not looking to sell the core business, although he indicated that the company would listen to offers. That prompted activist investor Starboard to send a letter to Yahoo’s board, demanding a sale of its core business and a complete overhaul of management. Yahoo’s growth has stalled in recent years, and… Read full this story
- Intel Cascade Lake AP Offers 48 Cores And 12-channel DDR4 Support
- Amazon, Target offering buy two, get one free deal on PS4 games
- Ben Affleck Reportedly Rejected the Position of Directing Flashpoint – Report
- Core business not threatened by emerging platforms, says Take-Two
- Target reportedly offering buy two, get one deal on PS4 games at launch
- Report: Target, Best Buy kick off big video game sales Nov. 9
- Five buyers reportedly interested in buying THQ assets and games, including Warner Bros.
- Microsoft Reportedly Looked at Buying EA, Valve and PUBG Corp.
- Sony reportedly looking to buy Rockstar publisher Take-Two Interactive (UPDATE)
- Toys R’ Us Offering Buy 1 Get 1 40% Off On Wii U Games Starting Tomorrow
Yahoo reportedly rejected ‘several’ offers to buy its core business have 333 words, post on www.businessinsider.my at January 21, 2016. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.