The Trang Trinh Temple in the northern port city of Hai Phong has been recognised as a Special National Heritage.
During a ceremony welcoming the title on January 7, Deputy Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc handed over the government’s certificate of recognition to the city officials.
The event, taking place at the site in Ly Hoc commune, Vinh Bao district – the hometown of Nguyen Binh Khiem, known as Trang Trinh, also aims to commemorate his 430 th death anniversary (1491 – 1585).
Addressing the event, the Deputy PM highlighted the contributions Trang Trinh made during his life and career to the nation’s development and its literature in the 16 th century.
He urged the city to preserve and uphold the cultural values and legacy of Nguyen Binh Khiem, thus contributing to the local social-economic and tourism development.
Nguyen Binh Khiem (1491 – 1585) was an expert in physiognomy and astrology. He was worshipped as Vietnam’s greatest “prophet” because of a series of his prophecies on posterity. Nguyen Binh Khiem is also known as the “Trang Trinh Prophesier”.
On the occasion, the city Department of Culture, Sports and Tourism launched a tour featuring local famous landscapes.
Vietnam has so far had 34 special heritages with the recently-approved 11 ones, including architectural and archeological heritage of Co Loa (Hanoi), historical and architectural site of the Tran Dynasty’s temple and Pho Minh pagoda (Nam Dinh province), historical site to mark Bach Dang victory in 1288 (Uong Bi, Quang Ninh province), Yen Tu historical site (Quang Ninh province), Lam Kinh historical site (Thanh Hoa province), Nguyen Du memorial site (Ha Tinh province), architectural monument of the Keo pagoda (Thai Binh province), ancient archeological and architectural site Oc Eo-Ba The (An Giang province), Go Thap historical and archeological relic (Dong Thap province), Ba Be lake (Bac Kan province), and the Cat Tien national park (Binh Phuoc, Dong Nai and Lam Dong provinces).
- World-Renowned Architect Sir David Adjaye on Building a “Little Temple of Art” for San Antonio
- 'Gateway to holiday fun': the ultimate underdog of amusement parks
- Assange Has Been Arrested for US Extradition : Indybay
- Bengalis launch 'Global Durga Pujo' initiative
- Bay Area calendar: Home and garden tours, music and more
- Woods out with collarbone injury
- Things to do in the San Fernando Valley and LA area, Feb. 1-8
- Things to do in Pasco and Hernando counties starting Feb. 8
- Why Michigan vs. Michigan State is best basketball rivalry
- Five things to know about Wichita State’s NIT opponent: the Furman Paladins
- Dog About Town: Valentine’s parties, photos and more things to do
- Dog About Town: Going for a group run or walk and more things to do
Trang Trinh Temple recognised special national heritage have 434 words, post on at January 8, 2016. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.