HCM City (VNA) – The Vietnam Union of Friendship Organisations (VUFO) and the Vietnam-India Friendship Association in Ho Chi Minh City organised a ceremony on January 26, to mark the 67th Republic Day of India.
Congratulating Indian people on their National Day, Vice President of the VUFO – Ho Chi Minh City branch, Huynh Minh Thien, said that with its strength in defence, strong economic potential and advanced science and technology, India is becoming a powerful country with an important position and role in Asia and the world.
According to Thien, the relationship between Vietnam and India has become closer, especially since they established diplomatic ties in 1972.
The two countries have organised the exchange of high-ranking delegations regularly, signed and implemented many cooperation agreements, and coordinated well in both regional and international forums, he added.
Sharing the same opinion, Indian Consul General in Ho Chi Minh City Smita Pant stated that since the two countries set up diplomatic ties in 1972, and particularly their strategic partnership in 2007, their relations have developed strongly in all areas – from culture to trade and investment, especially in garments, pharmaceuticals, electricity, oil and natural gas.
The Indian Consulate General will continue collaborating with the VUFO and the Vietnam-India Friendship Association in Ho Chi Minh City in holding cultural and people-to-people diplomatic activities, as well as acting as a bridge to connect businesses, thus helping further develop bilateral ties in an intensive and sustainable manner, Smita Pant said.-VNA
- 500 observe International Yoga Day in Ho Chi Minh City
- Two exhibitions to visit in Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City
- Another fake policeman nabbed for stirring disorder in Ho Chi Minh City
- Four prosecuted for damaging properties during protest in Ho Chi Minh City
- A history of delays on Ho Chi Minh City’s first metro line project
- Multimillion-dollar bridge leading to Diamond Islet opens in Ho Chi Minh City
- Russia’s World Cup banknote sought after in Ho Chi Minh City
- Man held for disrupting security in Ho Chi Minh City
- Vietnamese-American detained for disrupting public order in Ho Chi Minh City
- Surface of Ho Chi Minh City’s crucial overpass becomes hollowed hours after opening