It looks like 2016 will be a big year for the four interlocking rings – Audi has confirmed that the coming year will bring not one, but two SUVs, as both the Audi Q2 and the next-generation Audi Q5 will make their world premieres then.
The smaller Q2 heralds Ingolstadt’s entry into the lucrative B-segment crossover market – although in this case competing against the more premium MINI Countryman, rather than the more utilitarian players like the Honda HR-V and Mazda CX-3. As for the new Q5, Audi says it will open a new chapter in the compact SUV’s success story, and judging by the current car’s popularity over here, we certainly wouldn’t argue with that.
In addition, the company has also confirmed that the production version of its e-tron quattro fully-electric SUV concept will indeed make its debut in 2018. The show car is powered by three electric motors – one in front, two at the rear – providing 429 hp (or up to 496 hp via a boosting function) and permanent all-wheel drive. It remains to be seen if such a setup will be employed when the car hits showroom floors.
In other news, Audi is investing over €3 million and conducting further process and cost optimisation over the course of the new financial year. The extra cash flow will be spent both at its Ingolstadt and Neckarsulm plants, as well on new models and technologies, as it plans to expand its lineup to include 60 different models by the year 2020. Also on the cards for 2016 is the recruitment of more talent in the field of new tech.
SPYSHOTS: Audi Q2
SPYSHOTS: Next-generation Audi Q5
GALLERY: Audi e-tron Quattro concept
- 2020 Audi A8L Launched In India At Rs 1.56 Crore: Audi’s Latest Flagship Model Has Finally Arrived!
- Audi Q8 India Launch Confirmed For 15 January 2020: Details And Expected Price
- Volkswagen Taigun SUV Unveiled Ahead Of Auto Expo 2020: Will Rival The Kia Seltos & Hyundai Creta
- The best electric SUVs of 2020
- Skoda Vision IN Concept Unveiled In India Ahead Of 2020 Auto Expo: Here Are All The Details!
- Tata Cars At Auto Expo 2020: Harrier BS6, Gravitas, HBX Concept, Sierra EV Concept, Altroz EV & More
- Electric Cars At Auto Expo 2020: Mahindra eKUV100, eXUV300, Renault K-ZE, Kia Soul EV, MG Marvel X &
- Auto Expo 2020: New Maruti Vitara Brezza With 1.5-Litre Petrol Engine Teased Ahead Of Launch
- Auto Expo 2020: GWM Haval F9, F7X, F7 & F5 Unveiled - Expected Launch Date, Prices, Specs & More
- New Honda Dio BS6 Teaser Released Ahead Of Launch: Watch The Video Here!
- Mahindra XUV300 Sportz Variant To Feature New 1.2-Litre mStallion Petrol Engine
- 2018 VW Atlas production begins in Chattanooga
Audi Q2, new Audi Q5 confirmed for 2016 unveiling; production e-tron quattro EV SUV to arrive in 2018 have 428 words, post on paultan.org at December 29, 2015. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.