A pat on the back and a “great job” from your boss are nice, but a fatter paycheck and bigger office are even better. So what’s the smartest strategy for consistently getting promoted? Instead of asking career experts for the answer, we tapped CEOs for their tried-and-true tricks. Because who better to tell you how to make it to the top than the people who are already there? Related: The Better Man Project—2,000+ Genius Tips for Advancing Your Career, Supercharging Your Sex Life, and Becoming a Stronger, Happier Guy1. Speak Your MindTony Haile was 30 and directionless, having spent his 20s crewing sailboats across the Atlantic and participating in polar expeditions. “I had nothing approximating a real job on my resume, so I was basically unemployed and probably unemployable by any normal company,” he says. One day, Haile took a look at the business plan for a friend’s potential investment opportunity. Since he had nothing else to do, Haile wrote six pages of notes on “why the company’s plan sucked, and what they should do instead,” he says. The memo made its way to a bunch of people, including execs at that company. But when they called Haile, they didn’t chew him out—they… Read full this story
- How insects got their wings REVEALED: Crustacean ancestor of modern insects first developed wings from an outgrowth on its legs 300 million years ago
- First glimpse inside a sunken cargo ship: 400ft anchor chain slices through the Golden Ray to reveal 4,200 Hyundai cars not seen since the vessel capsized last September off Brunswick, Georgia
- Inside Virgin Galactic’s ‘Gateway to Space’: Richard Branson’s firm reveals first look at the New Mexico headquarters where wealthy tourists will go to 'graduate as astronauts'
- Leap Into iShopChangi’s Happy Haulidays Specials Featuring Exclusive Discounts and Promotions
- Star Wars: Bloodline reveals the hidden history of Leia Organa and the First Order
- Hundreds of Ethiopian immigrants get warm welcome in Israel
- Ma Rainey's Black Bottom First Look Reveals Chadwick Boseman's Final Movie
- Girls Aloud singer Sarah Harding reveals she has advanced breast cancer
- Pubs can team up with local chippy to get round Tier 2 restrictions
- Salman Khan's Most Challenging Scenes In Sultan Revealed; Ali Abbas Zafar Shares Unseen Pics Of The Superstar From Sets
4 CEOs Reveal How to Keep Getting Promoted have 391 words, post on www.menshealth.com at December 8, 2015. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.