Vietnam are heading to Qatar for the AFC U23 Championship finals after crushing Macau 7-0 in their last Group I match at the Shah Alam Stadium in Sepang, Malaysia, on March 31. Striker Nguyen Cong Phuong. Source: VNAThey finished second in the group with six points behind Japan, who defeated Malaysia 1-0 in the later game. Vietnam raced to a 6-0 lead in the first half, but were only able to add one more goal after the break. Strikers Nguyen Cong Phuong and Thanh Binh scored a hat-trick each after mid-fielder Ho Ngoc Thang’s opener. Vietnam went into the game knowing they had to win, and wasted no time in kicking off their 3-4-3 formation. It took only three minutes to open the scoring when Thang broke away from three Macau defenders to beat goalie Ho Man Fai. Macau were considered underdogs from the start of the tournament, but instead of focusing on training, their players tried to relax and went shopping a day ahead of the match. As a result, they allowed Vietnam to score enough goals to secure their second place position. Just two minutes after the opener, Phuong sent a ball to Binh who sprinted into the… Read full this story
- AFC Conference Championships Preview: Pittsburgh Steelers At Denver Broncos
- Vietnam heads towards Eco-Industrial Parks
- NBA Finals Information - Part 1
- Interview With Svatoslav Sterba, The Winner Of World Marbles Championship 2005
- Hilton Head Resorts
- The Stars Tell Why They Apply "Head On" To Their Foreheads!
- Colts Head For Super Bowl
- 2005 AFC West Football Preview
- Qatar Getting Ready - Eying the 2016 Olympics
- 2005 AFC East Football Preview
Vietnam heads to Qatar for AFC U23 Championship finals have 284 words, post on ven.vn at April 3, 2015. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.