Demand for new passenger cars in the European Unions increased nearly 11% in March 2015 compared to March 2014, according to the European Automobile Manufacturers Association (ACEA). This marks the nineteenth consecutive month of gains in the European auto industry. For the full first quarter of 2015, new car registrations increased by 8.6%. Automakers Volkswagen, PSA Peugeot Citroen, and Fiat Chrysler Automobiles have all posted increasing share prices year to date.The European auto industry increases have been fueled by the economic recovery in Europe and a weak euro. The dollar recently traded near a 12-year high against the euro, and has gained approximately 20% percent during the past year. According to Eurostat, the statistical office of the European Union, the unemployment rate was 11.3% in February 2015. This is the lowest rate recorded in the euro area since May 2012.How will this impact the U.S. auto industry? Some analysts anticipate stronger car exports from EU and Japanese automakers to the U.S., driven by the relatively strong dollar. Others predict the stronger dollar will aid auto importers There may be stronger demand from European zone customers as spending increases in the EU. Some companies may even expand subsidiary operations in Europe on the wave of the economic recovery. … Read full this story
- Blue economy can be engine of Africa’s economic growth if well utilized, says Economic Commission for Africa (ECA)’s Adejumobi
- Call for Private Sector Involvement to Improve Africa’s Health and Economic Growth
- Natural ingredients sector can accelerate inclusive economic growth
- Eurozone Economic Growth Falls Further Behind U.S.
- New tariff list creates risk of ‘downward cycle’ for U.S. auto industry
- United States of America Promotes Ghanaian Trade and Diversified Economic Growth
- Immigrants Account for Two-Thirds of US Economic Growth Since 2011, Analysis Finds
- Real Estate Reform Key to Propelling Economic Growth & Alleviating Poverty in Nigeria
- SEEN: The Center For Economic Growth Annual Meeting 2018
- New estimate raises second quarter economic growth to 4.2%
European Auto Industry Posts Gains on Economic Growth, Weak Euro have 333 words, post on www.natlawreview.com at April 20, 2015. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.