An ancient lithophone was recently discovered in the central province of Quang Binh, the first of its kind ever found in the province, confirmed the provincial museum on April 22. Pham Dinh Huyen from Cu Nam commune in Bo Trach district unearthed 20 slabs of stone in various forms about 2 metres deep while he was digging a pond to raise fish. The slabs created a wide range of pitches when he hammered them. Director of the museum Nguyen Anh Tuan said since lithophones are usually found in the Central Highlands , its presence in Quang Binh is of interest. The museum will conduct a study of the lithophone and encourage Huyen to hand over the objects to local authorities for preservation, he added.
- Dispatch From Vietnam
- The New 'Golden Bridge' In Vietnam Is Hands-Down The Coolest Bridge Ever
- Floods and landslides kill 54, leave 39 missing in Vietnam
- Trump in Asia: They love him in Vietnam
- Questions of Loyalty
- The American System of Suffering, 1965–2014
- Global Dispatches
- Vietnam says violations found at central bank in war on graft
- Vietnam puts 12 people on trial for alleged subversion
- Vietnam floods kill 3, threaten to submerge parts of Hanoi
Ancient lithophone found in central Vietnam have 201 words, post on at April 22, 2015. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.