An ancient lithophone was recently discovered in the central province of Quang Binh, the first of its kind ever found in the province, confirmed the provincial museum on April 22. Pham Dinh Huyen from Cu Nam commune in Bo Trach district unearthed 20 slabs of stone in various forms about 2 metres deep while he was digging a pond to raise fish. The slabs created a wide range of pitches when he hammered them. Director of the museum Nguyen Anh Tuan said since lithophones are usually found in the Central Highlands , its presence in Quang Binh is of interest. The museum will conduct a study of the lithophone and encourage Huyen to hand over the objects to local authorities for preservation, he added.
- Adventure Travel in Vietnam - Organized or Independent?
- Business and Market Overview on Vietnam
- Never Run Out of Altitude, Airspeed, and Ideas at the Same Time: Lessons From the Vietnam POWs
- Central Australia: The Western MacDonnell Ranges
- The Ancient Copper Mines of America
- Ancient Wisdom, Modern Coaching?
- Central Australia: The Eastern MacDonnell Ranges
- Central Australia's Magical Palm Valley
- Ancient Rome
- Asian Affair: Vibrant Vietnam & Sizzling Singapore
Ancient lithophone found in central Vietnam have 200 words, post on at April 22, 2015. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.