You can install WordPress in 2 easy steps but it is recommended that you tweak some of the default settings to optimize the performance and also improve the security of your WordPress website.These suggestions are only applicable to self-hosted WordPress.org sites and not WordPress.com blogs. Also, I assume that you are running WordPress on Apache under Linux. The guide is now updated for WordPress 4.2. Let’s get started:1. Move out the media upload folderWordPress store all your uploaded images and files in the wp-content/uploads folder. You should however move this folder outside the main WordPress folder, preferably on a sub-domain. Thus your WordPress backups will be more manageable (the uploaded files and themes can be backed up separately) and, most important, serving images from a different domain will allow parallel downloads in the browser improving the page loading time.Open your wp-config.php file and add the following lines to change the location of the wp-content folder. You may also deselect the option – “Organize my uploads into month- and year-based folders.”define( ‘WP_CONTENT_URL’, ‘http://files.domain.com/media’ );define( ‘WP_CONTENT_DIR’, $_SERVER[‘HOME’] . ‘/files.domain.com/media’ );2. Remove unnecessary meta tags from WordPress headerIf you look at the HTML source code of your WordPress site, you will find a… Read full this story
- Apache 101: 0-WordPress in 15 minutes
- WordPress plugin Page Builder by SiteOrigin patched against code execution attacks
- Caddy offers TLS, HTTPS, and more in one dependency-free Go Web server
- Best website builders of 2020 : Hostgator, Wix, Squarespace, Weebly tested and rated
- Best practices for SMBs to build a website
- A cybercrime store is selling access to more than 43,000 hacked servers
Things You Should Do After Installing WordPress have 291 words, post on www.labnol.org at March 10, 2015. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.