The upcoming third entry for the G.I. Joe film franchise doesn’t yet have a name, but there are rumors surfacing already about some of the possible characters.
The modern take on the 1980s ‘A Real American Hero’ toy, comic book and cartoon franchise has had two films already, with the previous one being G.I. Joe: Retaliation, released back in 2013.
With a new addition in the works, Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson will be retaking his role as Roadblock, as he possibly tangles with the sinister twin duo of Tomax and Xamot. The two brothers, according to Film Divider, will play as one (or two) of the key antagonists in the upcoming G.I. Joe movie.
Tomax and Xamot are well known for their unique design as two telepathically linked twins who not only look like each other, but also complete each other’s sentences and dress up the same.
The only difference is that (at least the original ones) wear costumes that mirror one another, and Xamot has a distinct scar on his face that makes him identifiable. The two are the head of Cobra’s elite force spy assets called Crimson Guards.
Film Divider takes it to another level though by stating that in addition to the possibility of the twins featuring in the third installment, there is also a likelihood of Matt Trakker from M.A.S.K also making an appearance. The idea isn’t too farfetched actually, especially considering that Matt Trakker was released as a part of the G.I. Joe toy line in 2008.
For now, there isn’t any indication of when the third G.I. Joe movie will hit theaters, but if we were to guess, we’d say sometime early in 2016.
- Heidi Klum unveils an epic homemade horror movie featuring her children as zombies... as the terrified star dons a series of disguises in bid to outrun them
- New Bond Villain Goes Bigger Than Blofeld in No Time to Die Promises Director
- The best family movies on Amazon Prime right now
- Darkseid Actor Wants Justice League Villain to Return in Future DC Movies
- Snake Eyes Has a Very Different Storm Shadow Teases G.I. Joe Spinoff Star
- Hellboy Reboot Will Bring in B.P.R.D. and Introduce New Characters
- Rami Malek's James Bond Villain Is Harboring a Big Secret in No Time to Die
- Tenet Star Elizabeth Debicki Insists Her Character Is More Than Just a Damsel in Distress
- The Flash Movie Will Be Ben Affleck's Final Batman Performance
- The best feel-good movies to stream on Netflix this weekend
- Why Mahershala Ali Was Drawn to Blade More Than Any Other MCU Character
- Longtime Batman Producer Wants Mr. Freeze to Get a Joker Style Standalone Movie
Third G.I. Joe Movie Might Feature Twin Villains and MASK Character have 445 words, post on segmentnext.com at February 6, 2015. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.