NASCAR team owner and inveterate car collector Rick Hendrick is at it again.Thursday night at the Barrett-Jackson Collector-Car Auction in Scottsdale, Ariz., Hendrick paid $700,000 for a special 30th Jahre — German for “year” — Anniversary Edition 2014 BMW M5 sedan, with all proceeds going to the BMW Car Club of America Foundation, which helps train young drivers.The car was one of just 30 imported in to the U.S. market, and one of just 300 produced worldwide. The $700,000 hammer price was the high sale of the auction so far.And it hauls asphalt, too, thanks to a 600-horsepower engine, which propels it from zero to 60 miles per hour in just 3.9 seconds. The consignor described this car as “the last unsold example in this country” and “the most powerful production BMW ever.Finished in Dark Frozen Silver paint, it came with black chrome exterior accents, black chrome wheels, black and grey leather interior with suede accents, “30 Jahre M5” logo designations on grille, door sills, door handles, exhaust, and seats, as well as an interior badging plaque indicating it’s a special edition and one of 300 made.Afterward, Hendrick was all smiles beside driver Jeff Gordon, who accompanied him to the… Read full this story
- Big Spenders Looking For High Credit Lines
- Looks Like Casey Mears is Being Pushed Out at Hendrick, A La Kyle Busch
- Police, Fire and EMS 911 Dispatch Consolidation In Hendricks County, Indiana
- He's So Unusual - A Memoir Of Boston Legend Rick Berlin
- World Cup 2014 - Can Brazil Host It?
- Sporty Meets Sophistication With the BMW M3
- BMW Contract Hire, Knowing The Different Models
- BMW Car Reviews
- Take the BMW X3 on Your Next Rugged Off Road Adventure
- Show Off a Little Bling in the BMW Z4!
Big spender: Rick Hendrick dishes out $700,000 for 2014 BMW have 299 words, post on www.foxsports.com at January 16, 2015. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.