Twenty Vietnamese workers in Saudi Arabia were forced to return home after their employer failed to pay them, the Ministry of Labor, War Invalids and Social Affairs’ Overseas Labor Department said Tuesday.
Seven of the 20 workers, hailing from the northeastern province of Bac Kan, arrived in Vietnam on Sunday, news website VnExpress reported. The remaining workers arrived today.
In April, they were sent to Saudi Arabia by Hanoi-based Thang Long International Cooperation and Investment JSC., (Thang Long OSC) to work for a local company under a two-year contract.
But more than one month later, the Saudi Arabian company had financial difficulties and failed to pay salaries and other fees to them.
The workers went on a strike and sought help from the Vietnamese embassy in the country.
The embassy worked with the Thang Long OSC to repatriate the workers, and the company refunded the fees they charged the workers before sending them abroad.
Around 16,000 Vietnamese laborers are working in Saudi Arabia, mostly in construction sites, factories or in local homes.
- Iran accuses Saudi Arabia of hitting its Yemen embassy in airstrike
- Saudi Arabia’s King Abdullah dead at 90, ruled country for nearly a decade
- Saudi Arabia’s female athletes hoping to shine at London Olympics but fear a backlash at home
- Bahrain, Egypt, Saudi Arabia and UAE cut diplomatic ties to Qatar
- Saudi Arabia to build new industrial city exclusively for women workers
- Saudi Arabia beheaded 157 people in 2015, most executions in 20 years
- Loesch: Pres. Trump 'Said Islamic Extremism to Saudi Arabia's Face'
- Ayatollah Ali Khamenei warns Saudi Arabia of 'divine revenge' over cleric's execution
- Trump travels to Saudi Arabia as bombshells multiply in Washington
- Trump talks tough to NATO but bows hypocritically to Saudi Arabia
- Guest column: Michelle Obama, by unveiling her hair, stands up for human rights in Saudi Arabia
- MERS virus death toll rises in Saudi Arabia as Muslim hajj approaches
20 Vietnamese workers in Saudi Arabia return home have 303 words, post on at December 31, 2014. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.