UPDATE: Developer 343 Industries executive producer Dan Ayoub wrote a length letter both apologizing for the matchmaking issues and saying a solution is being worked on now. You can read about that update here.
The original story appears below.
Microsoft has released a new server-side update in hopes of improving the lengthy matchmaking times for Xbox One game Halo: The Master Chief Collection. While “many” users don’t have to wait as long to find a match as a result of the new patch, developer 343 Industries acknowledged that “others are still seeing longer than expected times.”
Further updates to The Master Chief Collection were deployed last night that aim to improve searching times and the likelihood of players successfully finding matches across The Master Chief Collection’s many multiplayer playlists. 343 has even boosted the number of players who can enter a match (5v5 instead of 4v4 is one example), but this can sometimes result in uneven matches.
“We continue to work on the issue,” 343 said on its website.
Matchmaking issues aren’t the only troubles some Master Chief Collection players are encountering. 343 also explains that player statistics and achievements, in some cases, are not registering. The developer is aware of the issue and is working to resolve it “as quickly as possible.”
“The 343 team continues to work around the clock to provide ongoing improvements to the experience for Halo: The Master Chief Collection,” it added. “Thank you for the ongoing patience and support.”
My experience with The Master Chief Collection’s matchmaking has been all over the place. I had no trouble finding matches on Wednesday morning, and I was able to play a few matches that evening with what I would call standard, if not a little slow, matchmaking times. But later that night, I spent around 20 minutes looking for a match (across a variety of playlists) with no luck. I gave up. Then this morning, just minutes ago, I was able to find a match in the Team Slayer playlist within a minute.
What’s your experience with The Master Chief Collection’s matchmaking been like so far? Let us know in the comments below.
- Nhandan Newspaper - Party chief’s visit lays foundation for full restoration of co-operation
- Party chief’s visit lays foundation for full restoration of cooperation
- Party Chief Nguyen Phu Trong meets with his Chinese counterpart in Beijing
- BUSINESS NEWS IN BRIEF 24/10
- Hanoi seeks ways out of traffic jams
- Bản in : 11th Party Central Committee’s report on Congress documents
- Report of the Party's XIth-tenure Central Committee - Politics & Laws - Vietnam News Politics, Business, Economy, Society, Life, Sports
- WHAT'S ON SEPTEMBER 15-30 (DAILY UPDATE)
- The Government’s regular meeting- July 2013
- HCM City awaits South Korean girl band
- Ao Dai museum – unique space in HCM City
Halo: The Master Chief Collection Matchmaking Issues Persist have 460 words, post on www.gamespot.com at November 13, 2014. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.