Indian utility vehicle major, Mahindra is rumoured to be gearing up to launch the new Scorpio (codenamed W105) on September 25, 2014.
Mahindra has made a number of changes to the Scorpio and they are not just skin-deep. Changes to the front of the car are likely to include and restyled grille, headlamps and bumper, while the rear is expected to get LED tail light clusters. Changes to the sheet metal are expected as well with a new bonnet, fenders and doors.
The interiors of the Scorpio are expected to reworked as well with bits such as the multifunction steering wheel borrowed from the more upmarket XUV 500. A new instrument cluster with and MID, rectangular air-conditioner vents with chrome surrounds, new climate control system, and touchscreen infotainment system with reverse camera and navigation and a twin-glove box are some of the changes expected to be incorporated. Additionally, the controls for the power windows are likely to be moved from the centre console to the door panels.
The biggest change that Mahindra is said to have made to the Scorpio is a new body-on-frame chassis. The SUV also gets a wider track and with lower height. Mahindra will hope that these changes help in sorting out the handling issues that the Scorpio has been infamous for.
The new Scorpio is likely to use the same 2.2-litre mHawk diesel engine from the outgoing car. However, it is expected to get a new 5-speed manual transmission.
Source: Autocar India
Thanks to BHPian wanderer4x4 for sharing this news with us.
Bookings for the new Scorpio have been opened exclusively for existing Scoprio users between September 15 and 17.
- Jian Ghomeshi Is In The New York Review Of Books' Issue On 'The Fall Of Men'
- Alpha Network Alliance Ventures Inc. (OTCMKTS: ANAV) Launches New Marketing Department in the Philippines
- T.A.G. Art Company Launches New Corporate Events Package
- Motown Museum Launches First-Ever Singing Contest—Auditions Open NOW
- Alex Trebek launches new season of 'Jeopardy!' with beard
- New Primose day care to open in The Woodlands
- TV tonight: ‘NCIS,’ ‘This Is Us’ launch new seasons
- TV tonight: ‘Hawaii Five-0,’ ‘Blue Bloods’ launch new seasons
- Nation and World briefs for September 25
- Walnut Creek’s new Mike Hess Brewing has opened at last
- Michelin chef’s new San Francisco seafood venture opens
- Roland Martin Launches New Digital Show This Week
Mahindra to launch new Scorpio on September 25; bookings open have 381 words, post on www.team-bhp.com at September 15, 2014. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.