The one millionth Vietnamese-language domain name was saluted at a ceremony held in Hanoi on August 25, marking the country the largest owner of domain names in the national language in the world.
This has nearly quadrupled the number of domains in Vietnamese language recorded over the past 17 years, said Deputy Minister of Information and Communications Le Nam Thang at the ceremony.
The Vietnam Internet Network Information Centre has worked on Vietnamese-language domain names s ince 2001 and offered these names free since late April 2011.
- Is learning Vietnamese a worthwhile pursuit amid COVID-19 social distancing?
- New decree aims to tackle Vietnamese labourers illegally staying overseas
- When wanderlust met pandemic: Vietnamese adventurer cuts short world tour
- Five million Vietnamese workers lose jobs to Covid-19
- Vietnamese wood processing and export firms need to adapt during pandemic
- Việt Nam recovered COVID-19 patients reaches 173
- APICORP 2019 Financial Results Demonstrate Strong Growth Momentum with Net Income of USD 112 Million
- Top beauty brand gives Vietnamese women an uplifting message
- One MILLION workers are to have bulk of their wages covered by taxpayers after surge of firms apply for coronavirus cash help from Government
- PPP projects must have investment of more than US$4.4 million: NA deputies
- Ha Tinh busts multi-million USD gambling ring
- Taiwanese Donates US$5 Million to Support Italy in Fighting Against COVID-19
Vietnamese-language domains reach 1 million have 209 words, post on at August 26, 2014. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.