While 32 national teams are vying for the 2014 FIFA World Cup title in Brazil, it is simple to get the prestigious trophy for less than four dollars from a small village in Vietnam.
sells his World Cup trophy at a shocking price, only VND70,000, or a mere US$3.3, each.
His facility in the pottery village of Bat Trang, only a 30-minute drive from the heart of Hanoi, has been flooded with orders when the world’s largest football event is only three days into competition, Nhat said.
The cup replicates the authentic trophy with two figurines holding up the Earth, except for the fact that it is made of gypsum, not 18 carat gold, and is painted gold.
All of Nhat’s family members have been deployed to complete the orders on time.
As a football aficionado, Nhat had wanted to “do something both related to football and my career of making pottery,” he said.
The idea of making the FIFA World Cup trophy emerged four years ago, when South Africa hosted the event. But at that time Nhat’s products were only given as gifts to friends and relatives, he said.
- World Cup: I Can Do Well Against India, Says Pakistan Pacer Rahat Ali
- What was Alan Sugar’s ‘racist’ tweet, what did he say about the Senegal World Cup team and has he apologised?
- England play South Africa in World Cup final: Owen Farrell and his teammates take to the field in bid to win their second title as Prince Harry cheers from the stands and millions watch at home
- "India And England Start As Favourites": VVS Laxman On World Cup 2019
- Harbhajan Singh Backs Ravindra Jadeja For World Cup, Says Finger Spinners Need To Reinvent
- Prince Harry lands in Tokyo without Meghan and baby son Archie and meets with boccia players ahead of the Rugby World Cup Final
- Is rugby coming home? England fans descend on Japan for World Cup final clash including primary school teacher who gave up her job as Prince Harry prepares to deliver a personal good luck message from the Queen
- Vietnamese team encouraged ahead of Thailand departure for World Cup qualifiers
- Simmons promises to expose truth behind Afghanistan's World Cup mess
- Gayle says 'definitely' playing ODIs and 'maybe' Test post World Cup
- Steven Smith could miss World Cup as part of staggered return
- Prince Harry joins Japan's Crown Prince Akishino in the stands at Rugby World Cup final while Meghan Markle cheers at home 'with baby Archie in a replica strip onesie'
Get a made-in-Vietnam World Cup trophy for just $3 have 467 words, post on at June 16, 2014. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.