HCM CITY (VNS) — The Green Square shopping centre – Big C Di An, the first commercial building in Viet Nam to use green technology, has won first prize at the seventh Energy-Efficient Buildings contest organised by the Ministry of Industry and Trade and HCM City Energy Conservation Centre.
Located in the southern province of Binh Duong, the Green Square shopping centre – Big C Di An uses technology that helps save 20 per cent of energy consumption compared to a conventional shopping centre.
It was the first project in Viet Nam to be granted the LEED Gold 2013 awarded by the US Green Building Council for implementing green building technologies. It also achieved the LOTUS Silver certificate from the Viet Nam Green Building Council.
Launched in 2006, the contest has so far attracted more than 400 participating buildings in 25 provinces and cities. — VNS
- Day One in Lockdown UK: High streets and shopping centres are deserted as Britons' way of life is ripped up without pubs, cafes and gyms as Boris Johnson thanks little girl for cancelling her birthday party twice due to virus
- Reshuffle risks smashing left-right green consensus
- Debate: should we ban cars from city centres?
- Laura Whitmore celebrates St Patrick's Day with festive dance in bright green dress and red wig as Paddy McGuinness shares a pint of Guinness with Niall Horan
- John Lewis closes all 50 shops for first time in its 155-year history due to coronavirus (including flagship Oxford Street store that last closed when it was bombed by the Nazis in 1940)
- Victorian Government takes control of road to stop Geelong council destroying award-winning green spine
- Coronavirus Victoria: Jump in Victorian cases as shopping chaos unfolds
- COVID-19 pandemic: Looking for coronavirus testing centres near you? Here’s the list
- You can buy EVERYTHING in this home: Interior designer builds a 'dream' luxury holiday house that you can shop at while you stay
- ‘Contamination is rife': Boris Johnson faces growing pressure to shut building sites as workmen say it's impossible to stay 6ft apart amid coronavirus crisis - and plumbers and tradesmen are STILL allowed in people's homes
- PICTURED: The beach shops in Turkey cashing in on Europe’s migrant crisis by selling LIFE JACKETS to desperate refugees crossing the Med to Greece
- Who is Tiffany Pollard? Everything you need to know about the Celebrity Big Brother contestant
Shopping centre takes top prize in green building contest have 378 words, post on bizhub.vn at April 29, 2014. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.