While national airline Vietnam Airlines and aviation authorities have been exerting effort to look for the missing front wheel after a flight earlier this week, it was eventually found at the airport where the very plane had departed.
The right wheel, one of the two front wheels of the ATR-72 that went missing on October 21, still lies in Cat Bi Airport in Hai Phong Province, Lai Xuan Thanh, head of the Civil Aviation Administration of Vietnam, confirmed on Friday.
The wheel dropped down when the plane took off at this termination, Thanh added.
It was found in a small canal, some 1.15 km off the top of the airport runway.
Thanh said the wheel was immediately brought to CAAV, and will be transported to France for investigation on the cause of the incident.
As previously reported the aircraft took off from Cat Bi Airport in the northern city of Hai Phong at 12:45 pm and landed in central Da Nang City at 2:15 on schedule on October 21.
After all 41 passengers and the crew had left the aircraft, airport technicians carried out a routine examination and found that it had lost one of its two front wheels.
Further examination showed that the aircraft’s front shaft had been broken at one side, causing the loss of the wheel.
- A drone hit a passenger plane in Canada in first reported incident of its kind
- Japanese airlines ANA and JAL ground all Dreamliner planes after emergency landing
- NASA is hoping to resurrect its experimental ‘X-Planes’ program in 2017
- That laptop ban may soon get a whole lot worse for plane passengers
- Sim-plicity: I am an airport firefighter
- Overwatch – unknown assailants wreak devastation at airport, steal gauntlet of Doomfist
- Learn how to disconnect, people: Turn your damn phone off when you’re on a plane
- 7 stunning VR experiences you don’t want to miss on HTC Vive
- FAA grounds all US-based Boeing Dreamliners amid battery concerns
- Street View boards the A380, world’s largest passenger airliner
- FAA gives Boeing permission to conduct test flights on grounded 787 Dreamliner
- Saturday Crapshoot: Leisure Suit Larry 2
Missing front wheel of VNA plane found in airport have 336 words, post on at October 26, 2013. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.