(VEN) – Apart from salary and bonuses, workers are also interested in ensuring labor safety. Fully aware of that legitimate demand, many enterprises across the country recently paid more attention to creating more secure working environment to attract more talents and manpower.
MTV Textile 7 Co. Ltd, an attached unit under the High Command of Military Zone 7 is a typical example. The company currently has 475 employees, of whom 80 percent are direct laborers. Due to the nature of textile production – dying – and sewing, workers are often exposed to harmful factors to their health such as noise, dust and chemicals, the company has always regarded the occupational safety and health (OSH) protection, environmental protection, fire prevention and care for the material and spiritual life of employees as both a target and a motive force to boost production.
Therefore, every year when making production plans, the company also makes labor protection and fire prevention plans and implement them seriously. To enhance activeness and sharpness for the member units, MTV Textile 7 Co. Ltd also trained an on-the-spot emergency team and regularly opens first aid classes for the production teams to timely give emergency aids in case of accidents.
To ensure full benefits for employees, the company has established a Labor Protection Council. Over the past years, the council members have regularly checked implementation of labor protection regulations and proposed measures to ensure OSH.
To reduce pollution caused by dust and exhausted gas, the company grew many green trees in the area, tidied up yards and gardens and positively implemented the movement “Green – Clean – Beautiful” launched by the Military Zone.
Thanks to a safe workplace, over the past years, the company has always accomplished tasks and every year it is awarded emulation flags by the Ministry of Defense.
Another example is Thai Nguyen Steel Laminating Plant, to guarantee OSH for the workers as well as to ensure all the rights of workers, in recent years, the plant has also set up a council of 11 people and a safety network with 27 people in 27 production teams. Every day, before entering ships, employees must sign a commitment to bring all necessary labor protection equipment according to regulations. During the production process, the labor safety rules are set for each kind of machines, equipment and materials, especially those require strict labor safety conditions. Thus, the company has employed many skillful workers, creating high productivity for the plant.
As for the PetroVietnam Fertilizer and Chemicals Corporation (PVFCCo), united efforts to ensure labor safety has become its cultural value. Therefore, someone has compared that talents have all gathered in PVFCCo.
Experts said in international integration process, an enterprise will to gain competitive advantages and more opportunities for growth when it secures a labor safety environment, especially in productive forces apart from modern machines and equipment. Experience from developed countries also pointed out that building labor safety culture is one of important criteria to help enterprises exist and achieve sustainable development./.
- Haunted House Summertown Tennessee: McKamey Manor Waiting List Details and How to Visit the Scariest Attraction in America
- 100 million travelers spark Labor Day tourism surge
- Workers: Building Teslas for Elon Musk Is Hell
- Vietnamese laborers sweat to land well-paid jobs in Japan
- Domestic attractions' management strengthened ahead of Labor Day
- Building up a neighborhood, one shop at a time : Hong Joo-seok’s brand Urbanplay helps create community in Seoul
- Buildings closed by coronavirus face another risk: Legionnaires’ disease
- Labor floats active cyber defence and a civilian cyber corps for Australia
- Coronavirus safety tips: How to handle the pandemic at work
- New technology will boost cloud tourism during Labor Day holiday
- Xinhua Headlines: Beijing revs up building of garden city after grand horticultural expo
- Watch Dogs 2 - ScoutX locations list and rewards for taking selfies near San Francisco attractions
Building labor safety culture to attract manpower have 618 words, post on ven.vn at October 21, 2013. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.