The Atlanta Falcons are offering an extra $8 million to buy a church property that sits at the site of a proposed stadium.
Atlanta Mayor Kasim Reed announced a preliminary $14.5 million agreement Friday under which officials would acquire the site of the historic Mount Vernon Baptist Church.
The Georgia World Congress Center Authority would pay $6.2 million. The Atlanta Falcons would provide an additional $8.3 million.
Mount Vernon is one of two churches that will have to be relocated if the $1 billion, retractable-roof NFL stadium is to be built on the Falcons’ preferred site.
A lawyer for Mount Vernon Baptist Church says the congregation will likely hold a meeting next week to vote on the proposal.
Reed has already reached a preliminary agreement with the other church.
- Sam Darnold Sets the Tone in Jets Win Over Falcons
- SpaceX Falcon 9 Rocket Grounded Due To High Winds
- Facebook offers protection against wireless Firesheep attack
- Katharine Hepburn's Fenwick On The Market For $14.8M
- Elon Musk Says Falcon 9 Explosion Caused By Failing Strut
- SpaceX Tries Again To Land Falcon 9 On Drone Ship
- Falcon to be the major piece of MySQL 6.0
- Canadian university offers social CRM course
- Google offers to rev up sites with two new services
- The IPad 3G: is the Extra $130 Worth it?
- 10 ways techs can make extra cash
- Yahoo May Try to Draw YouTube's Most Popular Acts with a Video Site of its Own
Falcons offer extra $8M for site have 220 words, post on www.foxsports.com at September 12, 2013. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.