- Bản in : Vietnam, Cambodia target advanced border province co-operation
- Vietnam, Cambodia target advanced border province co-operation
- Deputy Prime Minister Nguyen Tan Dung arrives in Siem Reap for conference on border provinces’ co-operation
- VN, Cambodia to boost border-area co-operation
- Vietnam, Cambodia to boost cooperation between border provinces
QUANG TRI (VNS)— A sweeping bilateral agreement has been reached between Viet Nam’s central province of Quang Tri and the Savanhakhet province in Laos, pledging further cooperation for 2014-16.
The agreement follows talks held in Dong Ha city yesterday, in which both sides committed to providing favourable conditions for provincial agencies and border businesses, and pledged to research new mechanisms and plans for cooperation.
Under the three-year plan, the two provinces will address current challenges in transport, trade and tourism, while promoting investment and simplifying customs procedures at the Lao Bao-Densavan international border.
A pledge was also made to develop border economic zones at Lao Bao and Densavan, to capitalise on the potential of the East-West Economic Corridor. — VNS