Nhan Dan Online – ‘Mahabharata’, a major Sanskirt epic of ancient India, is to enthrall Hanoi audiences at the Youth Theatre on July 16 through a physical theatre performance.
The performance, orchestrated by highly revered Japanese director Hiroshi Koike, features the coordination between Cambodian actors and actresses equipped with traditional dance, a Japanese Bali dancer, a Japanese Ballet dancer and a Malaysian Butoh dancer.
Each performer plays several roles by changing masks. The story is delivered mainly through physical movements topped with music and a summary of the story on screen.
‘Mahabharata’ is an ancient Indian epic originally written in Sanskrit and is considered as the Hindu Bible and the resource of Indian philosophy, moral, politics and law. It is the story of a dynastic struggle that provides a social, moral and cosmological background to the climactic battle and covers all categories of storytelling.
The event starts at 7 pm on July 17 at Youth Theatre, 11 Ngo Thi Nham street, Hai Ba Trung district.
Free tickets to the event can be obtained at the Japan Foundation Center for Cultural Exchange in Vietnam (JFCCEV), 27 Quang Trung street, Hoan Kiem district.
The event is co-organised by the JFCCEV, Japan Hiroshi Koike Bridge Project and Cambodia Amrita Performing Arts to celebrate the 40th anniversary of ASEAN – Japan Friendship and Co-operation as well as the Japan – Vietnam Friendship Year 2013.
- Art Basel’s Asian Art Gets to Hong Kong via New York and Los Angeles
- New Indian eatery Gabbar in Hillsborough is culmination of lifelong dream
- Pakistan brings captured Indian pilot to the border for handover
- Kei Nishikori outlasts Ivo Karlovic in Australian Open epic
- Nishikori wins Australian Open epic, Halep survives again
- Jerry Saltz’s 33 Rules for Being an Artist
- California Data Disaggregation Bill Sparks Debate in Asian-American Community
- Pakistan Brings Captured Indian Pilot To Border For Handover As 'Gesture Of Peace'
- New Ballet Hispánico works explore intersection of Latino, Asian cultures
- The Demolition Artist: 3 Critics Debate Ivo van Hove
- Vietnam, Through the Eyes of Artists
- Why Marriage Is the Start of an 'Epic,' According to George Eliot
Asian artists bring Indian epic to Hanoi stage have 331 words, post on at July 4, 2013. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.