VietNamNet Bridge – The Asia Canine Protection Alliance (ACPA) is calling for an end to dog meat trade in some Southeast Asian countries, including Vietnam.80 percent of Vietnamese still support eating dog meatTo be civilized, Vietnamese should stop eating dog meat! The APCA focuses on a flashpoint in the global dog meat trade – the supply of dogs from Thailand, Cambodia and Laos into Vietnam, where they are slaughtered and consumed. Along with Change For Animals Foundation, the ACPA comprises of Humane Society International, Animals Asia and Soi Dog Foundation acting both locally within Asia and internationally on the issue. Dog meat production has evolved from small-scale household businesses to a multi-million dollar industry of illicit dog traders, and the trade has been linked to outbreaks of trichinosis , cholera and rabies. The World Health Organization recently cited the trade as a contributing factor in recent outbreaks of rabies in Indonesia and cholera in Vietnam. Whilst dog meat is eaten in several regions of the world, including parts of Europe, Russia, Africa and Latin America, its consumption is most widespread in Asia. As a result, the region generates the greatest animal welfare concern due to the many thousands of dogs…
- Gervais and Cowell among stars urging Indonesia to ban ‘brutal’ dog meat trade
- Nightshade Studios to develop a luxurious Integrated Residence As Rising Real Estate Market in Southeast Asia
- Report: Uber Couldn't Even Leave Southeast Asia Without Pissing Everyone the Heck Off
- Vietnam fifth biggest remittance recipient in Asia-Pacific: report
- Huawei broadens its scope of ISP offerings in Southeast Asia
- Gus Kenworthy Rescued a Puppy at the Olympics Again, This Time From a Dog Meat Farm
- Is ISIL expanding in Southeast Asia?
- Grab launches GrabFood in Singapore and Southeast Asia
- Vietnam launches in-depth probe into Grab-Uber deal in Southeast Asia
- Go-Jek officially announces Southeast Asia expansion to fill void left by Uber’s exit
Vietnam is one of the key dog meat markets in Southeast Asia have 324 words, post on at June 17, 2013. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.