VietNamNet Bridge – The Asia Canine Protection Alliance (ACPA) is calling for an end to dog meat trade in some Southeast Asian countries, including Vietnam.80 percent of Vietnamese still support eating dog meatTo be civilized, Vietnamese should stop eating dog meat! The APCA focuses on a flashpoint in the global dog meat trade – the supply of dogs from Thailand, Cambodia and Laos into Vietnam, where they are slaughtered and consumed. Along with Change For Animals Foundation, the ACPA comprises of Humane Society International, Animals Asia and Soi Dog Foundation acting both locally within Asia and internationally on the issue. Dog meat production has evolved from small-scale household businesses to a multi-million dollar industry of illicit dog traders, and the trade has been linked to outbreaks of trichinosis , cholera and rabies. The World Health Organization recently cited the trade as a contributing factor in recent outbreaks of rabies in Indonesia and cholera in Vietnam. Whilst dog meat is eaten in several regions of the world, including parts of Europe, Russia, Africa and Latin America, its consumption is most widespread in Asia. As a result, the region generates the greatest animal welfare concern due to the many thousands of dogs…
- Sports Vietnam to host Ironman 70.3 Asia-Pacific Championship for first time In Vietnam, man asked to pay $0.0085 in bank debt
- Sports Vietnam to host Ironman 70.3 Asia-Pacific Championship for first time Technology and the expats in Vietnam
- Sports Vietnam to host Ironman 70.3 Asia-Pacific Championship for first time Foreign doctors learn from Vietnamese
- Sports Vietnam to host Ironman 70.3 Asia-Pacific Championship for first time Trashpacking in Vietnam – a growing trend
- Rats As Big As Dogs Once Lived In Asia
- PSA Group confirms bid for strategic partnership with Proton – targets expansion in Southeast Asia
- BMW Motorrad GS Trophy Southeast Asia Qualifiers
- Mitsubishi to concentrate on production in Japan, Russia and Southeast Asia following US plant closure
- Where can we watch the UEFA Champions League in Southeast Asia?
- Proton-Geely cooperation targets production volume of 280,000 units – exports to China and Southeast Asia
Vietnam is one of the key dog meat markets in Southeast Asia have 344 words, post on at June 17, 2013. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.