At least nine people were killed and many others injured when a passenger bus hit a mountainside near Nha Trang Friday morning and was hit by rocks after it triggered off their fall. Five died on the spot and four at the Khanh Hoa General Hospital, which is also treating around 20 people, including the bus driver Nguyen Hai, 46, whose legs were broken, according to a report by the Voice of Vietnam. Two of the victims were a woman and her child, while another was a 77-year-old woman. Three of the injured had brain injuries, according to police. News website Dan Tri quoted Le Quang Thanh, deputy police chief of Khanh Hoa Province, as saying the bus’ brake failed when it was going down a slope. The vehicle plunged into the mountainside and set off a rock fall. Its front was smashed, the first three rows of seats jammed into each other due to the impact, and glass pieces lay all over the road. The police said the bus was carrying 32 people, including primary school teachers from the central city of Da Nang and their families, some of them children aged five to 11, who were on vacation….
- Laos: Requiem held for people killed in flooding in central Vietnam
- Flood submerges central Vietnam
- Deforestation, construction to blame for central Vietnam landslides
- Scientists to study climate change impact on extreme central Vietnam weather
- Storm Linfa to compound woes for flooded central Vietnam
- Storm Molave drains central Vietnam of $430 mln
- Central Vietnam: a month in tragedies
- Central Vietnam province pledged over $10 mln for mine clearance
- 159 succumb to floods, landslides in central Vietnam
- International organizations pledge aid for central Vietnam flood victims
9 killed as bus slams into mountainside in central Vietnam have 289 words, post on at June 6, 2013. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.