Nhan Dan Online – Deputy Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc pressed a button on May 18 to start construction on two tunnels through the Phuoc Tuong and Phu Gia passes on National Highway 1A through Phu Loc district in Thua Thien – Hue province.
The VND1.7 trillion (US$81.6 million) project is being built under a Build – Operate – Transfer (BOT) contract.
The Phuoc Tuong and Phu Gia tunnels will both be 11.5 metres wide and 345m and 497m long, respectively, and will each include two lanes for motor vehicles travelling at a maximum speed of 80kph.
The project is scheduled to be completed after 18 months and the payback period is estimated at 18 years, seven months. The roads will have two toll stations that will begin collecting fees by January 2015.
This is the last tunnel project for National Highway 1A aiming to shorten distances and contribute to socio-economic development in the central region, as well as ease the traffic flow on the national route.
On the same day, Deputy PM Phuc also attended the ground-breaking ceremony for a project to expand National Highway 1A by 32km from Km791A+500 to Km848+875 KM through Phong Dien district in Thua Thien – Hue province.
The BOT project has a total investment of more than VND2.2 trillion (US$105.6 million) and will be implemented within 24 months with a payback period of over 22 years.
- Singaporean Deputy PM visits Thua Thien-Hue
- Thua Thien-Hue: Nine Laotians receive Vietnamese nationality
- Thua Thien-Hue to have one more five-star tourist complex
- Blood donation campaign held in Thua Thien-Hue, Cao Bang
- US organisation helps Thua Thien-Hue overcome natural disaster aftermath
- Thua Thien – Hue receives nearly 3.4 million visitors in eight months
- Ancient artfacts stolen from communal hall in Thua Thien-Hue
- Hue looks to become ‘food capital’ of Vietnam
- Hue takes steps to become food capital of Vietnam
- Hue to develop city art spaces
- Hue poised to introduce smart bicycle system to serve tourists
- Hue plans to launch bike tourism service
Work begins on two tunnels in Thua Thien-Hue have 310 words, post on en.nhandan.org.vn at May 18, 2013. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.