Hail stones, some as big as bowls, hit Muong Khuong, Bac Ha and Si Ma Cai districts. Hoang Huy Dung, Chairman of the Muong Khuong District People’s Committee, said the hailstorm blew off the rooftops of thousands of houses, uprooted trees, and left 16 people injured and admitted to the hospital. Luu Minh Hai, Director of the Lao Cai Hydro Meteorological Forecast Centre, said that a sudden cold spell has hit several northern provinces which had relatively high temperatures causing whirlwinds and hailstorms in Lao Cai.Rescue forces have been mobilized to help local residents overcome the aftermath of the hailstorm.
- Thousands of cattle in Lao Cai threatened by the cold
- Lao Cai and Quang Nam golf course projects approved
- Capital gets to taste Lao Cai Province's local specialties
- Capital gets to taste Lao Cai province's local specialties
- Int’l cycling tourney wraps up in Lao Cai province
- Lao Cai ranked in top 10 world’s most beautiful places
- This election has missed the chance to try to solve Britain’s broken housing system
- Capital gets to taste Lào Cai Province's local specialties
- Luang Prabang, Laos, in three days: holiday itinerary
- SF Chinatown housing project overhauled after decades of turmoil. Will change last?
Thousands of houses damaged by hailstorm in Lao Cai have 215 words, post on english.vov.vn at January 16, 2017. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.