Hail stones, some as big as bowls, hit Muong Khuong, Bac Ha and Si Ma Cai districts.
Hoang Huy Dung, Chairman of the Muong Khuong District People’s Committee, said the hailstorm blew off the rooftops of thousands of houses, uprooted trees, and left 16 people injured and admitted to the hospital.
Luu Minh Hai, Director of the Lao Cai Hydro Meteorological Forecast Centre, said that a sudden cold spell has hit several northern provinces which had relatively high temperatures causing whirlwinds and hailstorms in Lao Cai.
Rescue forces have been mobilized to help local residents overcome the aftermath of the hailstorm.
- ‘I just had tears in my eyes’: Lawrence residents react to fire in house damaged by September gas disaster
- Police: Chenango man arrested after trying to break into house, damaging cars
- 2 Mass. houses damaged by lightning strikes Sunday afternoon
- One House Damaged By Saturday Fire, Six Others Spared
- Hailstorm damaged thousands of acres of Minnesota crops
- Are hailstorms getting worse in U.S.? Why 2019 could produce record damage
- Hail damage costs this year could hit new annual high in U.S.
- Freak summer hailstorm buries Mexican city under feet of ice
- Thousand Islands Association increasingly frustrated with IJC’s Plan 2014
- City: Juveniles shooting BB guns caused injuries, property damage