Hail stones, some as big as bowls, hit Muong Khuong, Bac Ha and Si Ma Cai districts. Hoang Huy Dung, Chairman of the Muong Khuong District People’s Committee, said the hailstorm blew off the rooftops of thousands of houses, uprooted trees, and left 16 people injured and admitted to the hospital. Luu Minh Hai, Director of the Lao Cai Hydro Meteorological Forecast Centre, said that a sudden cold spell has hit several northern provinces which had relatively high temperatures causing whirlwinds and hailstorms in Lao Cai.Rescue forces have been mobilized to help local residents overcome the aftermath of the hailstorm.
- Lao Cai to host trade fair for northern OCOP products this month
- Trekking northwestern Vietnam’s 2,860 m Lao Than peak
- Resident Injured In Santa Rosa House Fire; Unresponsive Dog Revived
- Omarosa Really Does Have Secret Recordings From the Trump White House
- Lao revolution relic site opened
- British driver, 26, is under house arrest in Dubai for ‘damaging Lamborghini’ despite settling £26,000 of speeding tickets he racked up in just four hours in rented sports car
- Alabama university sues former student for causing $400,000 in damage after he 'flooded fraternity house while playing a prank'
- Survivor of huge 'earthquake-like' explosion that flattened family house in West Yorkshire 'jumped to safety from window' as nearby homes are evacuated and three people taken to hospital
- Historic church in Sydney catches FIRE as wild thunderstorm with giant hail stones sweeps through city - leaving thousands without power
- Four people are charged with criminal damage after statue of 17th-century slave trader Edward Colston was toppled and thrown into Bristol Harbour during BLM protest in June
Thousands of houses damaged by hailstorm in Lao Cai have 280 words, post on english.vov.vn at January 16, 2017. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.