PANO – Denmark’s Minister for Trade and Investment, Ms. Pia Olsen Dyhr, will pay a visit to Vietnam from March 5th to March 7th 2013. The visit by Ms. Pia Olsen Dyhr comes in continuation of the visit by the Danish Prime Minister and the Minister for Foreign Affairs.
The Minister will focus on strengthening the commercial opportunities between the two countries. Today more than 130 Danish companies are doing business in Vietnam. The Danish government recently launched a new Danish Growth Strategy for Vietnam targeting to double Danish export to Vietnam within a period of five years.
Ms. Dyhr begins her visit in Ho Chi Minh City where she is scheduled to deliver a speech at the Foreign Trade University followed by a Q&A session with the students. While in HCMC, Ms. Dyhr will also attend the opening ceremony of a new diabetes centre facilitated by Danish medical giant Novo Nordisk and visit a successful Vietnamese-Danish joint-venture.
The Minister’s visit continues in Hanoi where she will have meetings with the relevant political leaders of Vietnam and deliver the opening speech at a Tech Change Seminar on Waste Management, a key area for Danish investment in Vietnam.
‘’The visit by the Minister for Trade and Investment reflects the strengthened relations between Vietnam and Denmark. Vietnam is an important commercial partner for Denmark and Danish companies have unique products and know-how in a wide range of areas of great importance to Vietnam, particularly within Green Growth, health-care and food products” says Danish Ambassador to Vietnam Mr. John Nielsen.
The visit by Ms. Pia Olsen Dyhr marks an important step towards the finalization of the strategic partnership between Denmark and Vietnam, which is expected to be signed during the Vietnamese President’s visit to Denmark later this year.
- Danish Deputy Prime Minister begins 5-day visit to Viet Nam
- Danish Queen offers VN support on climate change
- Danish Crown Prince welcomed by leaders
- PM calls for Danish businesses’ engagement in Việt Nam’s policy-making
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS FEB. 27
- President Triet praises Denmark's investments
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS MARCH 13
- Denmark seeks to export technologies
- Viet Nam, Denmark look to bolster ties in commerce, aid
- Viet Nam, Kazakhstan to increase co-operation
- Denmark: A close partner in past and future
- Việt Nam, Denmark issue joint statement
Danish Minister for Trade and Investment to visit Vietnam have 380 words, post on at March 4, 2013. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.