If the export growth of Vietnam’s textile and garment industry remains between 12 and 15 percent, the sector will reach its target of 20 billion USD in 2014 ahead of the 2015 deadline, according to the Vietnam Textile and Apparel Association (VITAS).
VITAS Vice Chairman Le Tien Truong said that despite a 5-10 percent decrease in export prices in 2012, total exports still rose by 15 percent.
The industry’s trade surplus was 8.4 billion USD last year as imported materials accounted for only 8.8 billion USD of the total export value of 17.2 billion USD, he added.
The textile and garment industry has already achieved its 2015 goal to source 50 percent of raw materials domestically.
It expects to earn 18.8-19.3 billion USD this year.
- British film industry earns USD 2B in record-breaking year
- Philippine textile industry on the rise
- If you think it’s crazy that Snapchat might go public at a $20 billion valuation, here’s something to consider
- How Elon Musk, CEO of Tesla and SpaceX, makes and spends his $20 billion fortune
- Microsoft just hit its $20 billion cloud goal, almost a year ahead of schedule
- Here are the 20 billion-dollar startups that pay the highest salaries
- UK banks may be exposed to £20 billion in ‘PCP’ car loans that let borrowers walk away without paying
- Airbus seals deal with Iran for sale of 100 planes worth $20 billion
- Secretive $20 billion startup Palantir is buying $225 million of stock back from employees
- Airline-equipment giant United Technologies is reportedly closing in on a more than $20 billion deal
- CONFIRMED: Johnson & Johnson is looking to buy a nearly $20 billion drugmaker
- The CEO of the oldest airline in the world explains the major mistake the industry made 20 years ago
Textile industry to earn 20 billion USD early have 263 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at February 1, 2013. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.