- Party General Secretary Nguyen Phu Trong pays official visit to Belgium & the EU
- Party General Secretary Nguyen Phu Trong continues official visit to Singapore
- Party General Secretary Nguyen Phu Trong pays working visit to Ho Chi Minh City
- Party General Secretary Nguyen Phu Trong begins an official visit to Thailand
- Party General Secretary Nguyen Phu Trong
(VOVworld)-Party General Secretary Nguyen Phu Trong and his delegation started an official two-day visit to Italy on Sunday at the invitation of Italian President Giorgio Napolitano. The Party Chief’s visit represents a new chapter in bilateral relations between the two countries as it coincides with the 40th anniversary of diplomatic ties. The visit is expected to deepen bilateral ties in all areas to build up bilateral strategic partnership. It reflects Vietnam’s foreign policy of independence, self-reliance, for national interest as well as peace, cooperation and development.
Earlier on Saturday, Party General Secretary Nguyen Phu Trong met leaders from the Wallonie and Flanders regions in Belgium. Trong encouraged both sides to strengthen business and investment cooperation in areas of Belgium’s potential and Vietnam’s needs. The same day, Vietnamese Deputy Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc conferred the Friendship Order on Belgian Chamber of Representatives President Andre Flahaut. Vietnamese Foreign Minister Pham Binh Minh presented the Friendship Medal to Anvers’ Honorary Vietnam Consul Baron Jo de Grand Ry.