China’s SAIC told Reuters today that its October auto sales rose 20.7 percent year-on-year to 414,471 units. This indicates a very strong jump in Volkswagen sales.SAIC has car joint ventures with GM and Volkswagen, in addition to currently not highly consequential own brand sales. Ignoring own brand sales, as a rule of thumb, GM amounts to roughly two thirds of SAIC’s sales, Volkswagen one third. Volkswagen also has a joint venture with FAW.GM’s China sales were up approximately 14 percent in October. A 20.7 percent rise in overall SAIC sales would indicate that the numerically smaller Volkswagen share saw considerable growth in October. Volkswagen’s China sales were up 24 percent in September, the company said.Volkswagen outsold GM in China in the third quarter of the year. In the first nine months, GM was only 80,000 units ahead of Volkswagen. With a strong October, Volkswagen could bypass GM in China and dethrone it as China’s largest automaker by units.Ford’s China sales were up 48 percent to 60,518 units in October. For the year, Ford’s sales are up 14 percent, mainly driven by very good Focus sales.
- ‘The Rise Of Skywalker’: Advance Ticket Sales More Than Other ‘Star Wars’ Pics On Fandango – Update
- Yuan rises as US lifts China's currency manipulator label
- Asian shares rise ahead of US-China 'Phase 1' trade deal
- Outbreak from new virus rises to 440 in China, with 9 dead
- Passenger vehicle exports rise 6% in April-Dec; Hyundai, Ford lead the pack
- Gold slips as Asian equities rise ahead of US-China trade deal
- Total confirmed cases of new virus rise to 291 in China
- EMERGING MARKETS-Brazil stocks rise on strong inflation data; Latam equities firm
- FPIs withdraw over Rs 15,500 crore on rising crude prices, US-China trade relations
- Death toll rises to 17 in China's coronavirus outbreak
SAIC’s October Rise Indicates Strong Volkswagen China Sales. Ford Up 48% have 306 words, post on www.thetruthaboutcars.com at November 5, 2012. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.