Pop princesses Girls Aloud made their highly anticipated comeback during Friday night’s Children in Need fundraising extravaganza. The five-piece girl band, made up of Cheryl Cole, Kimberley Walsh, Nicola Roberts, Sarah Harding and Nadine Coyle, took to the stage in matching orange tulip dresses and performed together again after three years apart.Popstars the Rivals, announced a comeback tour and greatest hits album to mark their 10 years in the music industry.
CLICK ON PHOTOS FOR FULL GALLERY
Something New, which was also the BBC charity’s official tune, for the first time on TV and then treated the enthusiastic crowd to a rendition of Beautiful Because You Love Me. But they were not the only quintet to cause a stir during the seven-hour-telethon, global superstars One Direction delighted the audience with a performance of While We’re Young.Leona Lewis and Ellie Goulding also provided music for the show, which raised a record total of £26.7 million. David Ramsden, BBC Children in Need’s chief executive, has promised: “this year’s campaign is bigger and better than ever and people right across the country are coming together again to raise thousands that will help change the lives of disadvantaged children right here in the UK.”Sir Terry Wogan as well as Tess Daly, Nick Grimshaw and Fearne Cotton, who is currently pregnant with her first child. A Strictly Come Dancing special also featured during the telethon, seeing memorable contestants Ann Widdecome and Russell Grant reunite with their dancing coaches for a one-off performance.
Sir Alan Sugar also guest starred in a spoof scene from Eastenders. The Apprentice host was seen brandishing the CV of landlord Alfie Moon, played by Shane Richie, outside the iconic Queen Victoria pub. Heidi Klum, Louise Redknapp and Caroline Flack collectively went ‘BearFaced’ and braved their close-ups without any makeup. The natural beauties rocked the nude look, wearing nothing on their face but the charity’s official beauty spot – a Pudsey-style paw print.
Geri Halliwell and boy band Blue were also involved in building support over. The two were amongst other musicians such as Joe McElderry, Macy Gray and Alesha Dixon who took part in POP Goes the Musical. The initiative saw stars join the cast of well-known musicals, and surprising the theatre’s audience members. Crowds were thrilled when Spice Girl Geri took to the stage, in a bowler hat and umbrella, to perform Singin’ in the Rain with the show’s leading man Adam Cooper.Queen’s granddaughter Zara Phillips added a royal seal of approval to a special video that was screened during the fundraiser. Zara and her equestrian team mates from this summer’s Olympic Games were seen dancing ‘Gangnam Style’ to the song by Korean pop sensation Psy.
- The X Factor EXCLUSIVE: Simon Cowell recruits Leona Lewis to guest judge first show of The Band series as TV boss hosts 'toughest auditions in years'
- Leona Lewis named as judge for X Factor: The Band after Simon dropped All Stars
- Simon Cowell recruits Leona Lewis as first guest judge for X Factor: The Band
- I’m A Celeb fans say Andy Whyment’s karaoke skills put Girls Aloud’s Nadine to shame
- Children in Need 2012's annual fundraising show takes place on Friday 16 November
- 'Formulaic and tedious!' Viewers accuse BBC of 'copying and pasting the same drivel every year' as full Christmas Day line-up is unveiled featuring 'same old specials', gloomy EastEnders and countless repeats
- When is The Greatest Dancer next on BBC One?
- Lewis Capaldi reveals his bank card was DECLINED while buying a round of tequila shots for Sam Smith and Niall Horan at a celeb party in LA
- Lewis Capaldi arena tour pledges help for fans with anxiety
- PIERS MORGAN: What the hell made these smug, spiteful Mean Girls think they’ve got the right to mock President Trump, given what’s going on in their own backyards?
- Illustrator Chris Riddell accuses John Lewis over Christmas ad
- BBC 100 Women 2018: Who is on the list?
Girls Aloud, One Direction and Leona Lewis all performed at BBC's Children in Need have 688 words, post on www.hellomagazine.com at November 17, 2012. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.