Rising sea levels erode Vietnam’s coastal areas National climate change strategy announced UNDP report on climate change issued in Hanoi Can Tho calls for initiatives on climate change adaptation Coastal forest retreats In mid-May, 2012, reporters followed a group of experts of the Centre for Preservation and Development of Water Resources to make a survey of mangrove forests and sea dykes in the Mekong Delta. They visited Cu Lao Dung district in Soc Trang province, which is the largest and the last islet of the Hau River. The islet fronts the East Sea in one side. Tran Kim Chuong, head of the Natural Resources and Environment Department of Cu Lao Dung, said that the district’s An Thanh Nam commune is expanded by 50 hectares yearly towards the sea while An Thanh 1 commune loses 1,000 to 2,000 square meters of land per year because of the sea encroachment. An Thanh Nam is expanded to the sea because it has maintained 1,200 hectares of the coastal preventive forest. Local people said that thousands of bats have appeared in the local forest. This is a good sign, showing environmental improvement. Meanwhile, in Bac Lieu province, the preventive forest has been downsized by… Read full this story
- Forest health crisis ends with a whimper
- 6 Years Ago, North Carolina Chose To Ignore Rising Sea Levels. This Week It Braces For Disaster.
- Hong Kong Residents See Opening Of Longest Sea Bridge As Chinese Propaganda
- World's Longest Cross-Sea Bridge To Open For Traffic Wednesday
- Sullivan's Island considering compromise on cutting trees inside maritime forest
- Editorial: Sullivan's Island maritime forest is an asset, not a nuisance
- China’s Floating Nuclear Plants Pose Risks to Sea
- World’s largest virgin cypress-tupelo swamp forest feeling pinch of Dorchester County growth
- Charlie Eshbach, Sea Dogs president who led team from the start, steps down
- Germans protest expansion of coal mine into ancient forest
Forest dying, sea marching into mainland have 324 words, post on english.vov.vn at January 16, 2017. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.