This cinematic event is part of a broader series of “Europe Days 2012” events, clustered around Europe Day (9th May), which since its inception in 2004 has gained a high profile in the cultural life of Vietnamese people.
Tickets for the European Film Festival will be free at the National Cinema Complex at 87 Lang Ha, Hanoi; Le Do Cinema at 46 Tran Phu, Da Nang; and Dong Da Cinema at 890 Tran Hung Dao, District 5, HCMC. There will be two film screenings in Hanoi and HCMC and one in Da Nang.
The European Film Festival was first held in 2000 by the Delegation of the European Union to Vietnam, together with the Embassies of EU Member States. For the past 12 years, the European Film Festival is recognised as one of the most successful multi-cultural events in Vietnam.
The highlight of the festival this year is the children’s short film programme, introducing 6 special works of European film makers.
The festival gathers new films with diverse genres, many nominated for prestigious film awards. The festival will kick off with a Danish film “In A Better World” which won Oscar and Golden Globe Awards for the best foreign film in 2011./.
- European film festival 2012: a cinematic journey around Europe
- Introduction to French, German and Austrian films at European Film Festival 2017
- European film festival comes to Da Nang
- ‘European Days 2012’ opens in Vietnam
- Europe Day concert to start “Europe Days” 2012 in Vietnam
- Danish film “The Hunt” to be screened during EU film festival in VN
- European Days 2012 opens in Vietnam
- German Film Festival opens in Hanoi
- Japanese Film Festival 2015 "The Colors of Love"