Electronic Arts has had a weird week. It extended multiple olive branches to its audience, both to embittered fans still raging about the ending of Mass Effect 3 and to gay players suffering from underrepresentation in video games. It was also named the worst company in America by approximately 250,000 people.First, accolades for EA. Speaking with GamesIndustry International, the company defended the inclusion of same sex relationships in Star Wars: The Old Republic and Mass Effect 3. The publisher has received “several thousand” letters and emails from people complaining about same-sex content. Its response? If you don’t like it, too bad. “Every one of the EA’s games includes ESRB content descriptions so it’s hard to believe anyone is surprised by the content,” said EA vice president of corporate communications Jeff Brown. “This isn’t about protecting children, it’s about political harassment.” No same-sex content will be censored in EA’s games.On the very same day that EA defended diversity in its games, it was named the “winner” in Consumerist’s Worst Company in America tournament. A quarter of a million readers voted for the game publisher primarily for its price gouging and corporate imperialism that’s seen it gobble up independent studios like Mass… Read full this story
- Five Dangerous Myths About Naming Your Company, Business, Product Or Service
- The Next 2 Worst Foods That Make You Fat - Both May Shock You
- Naming a Company in 3 Easy Steps
- Making Peace With Where You Are - Stepping Stones to Positive Change
- Consulting Company - What Makes a Consulting Company Thrive?
- 10 Sites That You Should Claim Your Name Or Company on Before Someone Else Does
- Name Your Company So It's Easy on the Ears
- How a Good SEO Company Can Make Your Online Business More Profitable
- How to Support Your Daughter to Make Peace With Food and Friends With Her Body
- The Clickbank Code Report - Facts & Company Profile - Make $300 Per Day - Really?
EA named ‘Worst Company in America’ even as it makes peace with its audience have 339 words, post on www.digitaltrends.com at April 5, 2012. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.