According to a recent draw held in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, by the ASEAN Football Federation (AFF), Group B comprises Thailand, Indonesia, East Timor Leste and Brunei.
In Group A, Vietnamese footballers face no strong rivals like those from Thailand and Indonesia, who usually secure top places at the AFF tourney.
The nine teams from Southeast Asia will compete in a round robin format to selct the top two teams in each group for the next knock-out round.
*** The AFF has announced the results of the draw for the 2012 AFF Women’s Futsal Championship, to be hosted by Ho Chi Minh City from September 12-22.
Accordingly, Vietnam joins Myanmar, Singapore and the Philippines in Group A, while Thailand, Laos, Indonesia and Malaysia are in Group B.
*** In another development, Vietnam’s national futsal team has convened for training in Ho Chi Minh City to prepare for the qualifying round of the 2012 Asian Football Confederation (AFC) Futsal Championship, which will be held in Bangkok, Thailand, from February 12-26.
At this tournament, Vietnam will compete against Australia, Malaysia and Cambodia in Group B.
- Vietnam plays strategic role in Climate Vulnerable Forum: Marshall Islands president
- Bubba Watson wins Match Play for 2nd World Golf Championship
- Tony Romo once again stunned NFL viewers with his uncanny ability to predict play calls during the AFC Championship
- AFF Cup: Nation smothered in red as Vietnam enters final
- Vietnam defies Asia’s economic gloom
- Vietnam Airlines earns $142 million in pre-tax profit
- Amazon studying Vietnam market
- Nestlé Vietnam embodies Swiss core business values
- Plenty of vim in Vietnam
- Vietnam Airlines announces profit of over VND3.29 trillion