PANO – T. Derbent, a Belgian researcher, yesterday handed over two books in the French language, “Giáp et Clausewitz” (Giap and Clausewitz) and “Clausewitz et la guerre populaire (Clausewitz and People’s War) to the Army Library.
The two books were published by Aden Brussels Publishing House.
According to Lieutenant-General Hong Cu, in Giáp et Clausewitz, T. Derbent has a profound assessment of General Vo Nguyen Giap as making an interesting comparison between the Vietnamese General with General Clausewitz, a famous Prussian historical and military theorist and researcher in the 19th century.
In response to the Belgian researcher’s feeling for Vietnam, the Library director, Colonel Ngo Van Chung, presented him, in turn two books, “Ho Chi Minh and Armed Forces” and “Millennium of Thang Long”
The Belgian scholar has been in Vietnam to do search on the people’s war.
Translated by Mai Huong
- Books: Events for week of Jan. 26
- Writers and critics on the best books of 2013
- Here Are the Most Checked-Out Books in the History of New York City's Public Library
- Books: Events for week of Feb. 2
- World Book Night criticised for all-white 2016 giveaway list
- The Library of Ice by Nancy Campbell review – an Arctic obsession
- The 100 best nonfiction books: No 15 – The Double Helix by James D Watson (1968)
- Costa prize: Jack Fairweather wins book of the year with The Volunteer
- Ta-Nehisi Coates wins National Book Award for Between the World and Me
- The Observer's books of the year
- Book up for a longer life: readers die later, study finds
- National Book awards: how obscure can the judges go?
Belgian researcher presents books to Army Library have 267 words, post on at January 25, 2011. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.