PANO – T. Derbent, a Belgian researcher, yesterday handed over two books in the French language, “Giáp et Clausewitz” (Giap and Clausewitz) and “Clausewitz et la guerre populaire (Clausewitz and People’s War) to the Army Library. The two books were published by Aden Brussels Publishing House. According to Lieutenant-General Hong Cu, in Giáp et Clausewitz, T. Derbent has a profound assessment of General Vo Nguyen Giap as making an interesting comparison between the Vietnamese General with General Clausewitz, a famous Prussian historical and military theorist and researcher in the 19th century. In response to the Belgian researcher’s feeling for Vietnam, the Library director, Colonel Ngo Van Chung, presented him, in turn two books, “Ho Chi Minh and Armed Forces” and “Millennium of Thang Long” The Belgian scholar has been in Vietnam to do search on the people’s war. Translated by Mai Huong
- ‘The Nation’ and SITU Research Present: Where the Bodies Are Buried
- Rebecca Solnit: By the Book
- For 50 years, UW librarian Sandra Kroupa has been connecting people with rare books and artifacts
- Download a book, stream movies and music, learn coding — all for free
- Get a literary-themed tattoo at the Denver Public Library on Sunday
- PHOTOS: Book enthusiasts get literary-themed tattoos at the Denver Public Library
- Sophie Hannah: By the Book
- Science or Quackery? The Study of Hormones Has Been Both, a New Book Suggests
- 7 literary destinations for book lovers traveling Colorado
- These Are Some of the Best Book Reviews We’ve Ever Read. A Sing Sing Prisoner Wrote Them Over a Century Ago.
Belgian researcher presents books to Army Library have 283 words, post on at January 25, 2011. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.