PANO – T. Derbent, a Belgian researcher, yesterday handed over two books in the French language, “Giáp et Clausewitz” (Giap and Clausewitz) and “Clausewitz et la guerre populaire (Clausewitz and People’s War) to the Army Library.
The two books were published by Aden Brussels Publishing House.
According to Lieutenant-General Hong Cu, in Giáp et Clausewitz, T. Derbent has a profound assessment of General Vo Nguyen Giap as making an interesting comparison between the Vietnamese General with General Clausewitz, a famous Prussian historical and military theorist and researcher in the 19th century.
In response to the Belgian researcher’s feeling for Vietnam, the Library director, Colonel Ngo Van Chung, presented him, in turn two books, “Ho Chi Minh and Armed Forces” and “Millennium of Thang Long”
The Belgian scholar has been in Vietnam to do search on the people’s war.
Translated by Mai Huong
- The information warriors fighting 'robot zombie army' of coronavirus sceptics
- Book features top leader’s articles on preparations for 13th National Party Congress
- Book features leader’s articles on preparations for 13th National Party Congress
- Shelley Shepard Gray On Book ‘Perfect Amish Romance’: ‘You Can’t Pretend The Amish Are Perfect Or Paper Dolls’
- British Army's first black officer was a Jamaican-born public school boy who was killed in 1915, new research suggests
- Karl Lagerfeld's right-hand man Sébastien Jondeau releases tell-all book about late mentor who left him share of his £178million fortune - and says 'warrior' designer worked up until his last moments
- 20 best new books released in 2021: From Girl A, to Concrete Rose & MORE
- A shot in the arm for holidays! Travel firms report surge in bookings from over-50s and believe rapid jab rollout is giving them ’vaccine confidence'
- China revives conspiracy theory that links coronavirus with US army lab Fort Detrick as Beijing's state TV suggests 'something fishy' was going on there
- Watch: Indian Army demonstrates drone swarms during Army Day parade
- Germany: Red Army Faction cache barrel found in forest
- You’ve finished Netflix so get off your bums and join our Jabs Army campaign, says Jeremy Clarkson
Belgian researcher presents books to Army Library have 352 words, post on at January 25, 2011. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.