Child modeling has become quite popular these days especially because it is easier for children to reach out to the global consumer. As a result, more and more companies and brands have started to emp…
Child modeling has become quite popular these days especially because it is easier for children to reach out to the global consumer. As a result, more and more companies and brands have started to employ child models and some of the companies are using young models as their brand ambassador. This has actually in a way opened a parallel industry that caters only to the requirement of child modeling. Interesting as it is to note that this is fast becoming a lucrative industry; it is a known fact that child modeling is the first step towards a rewarding modeling career.
There are pros and cons of starting early. One of the pros of starting early is that it is easier for young models to adapt to different situations and requirements with ease. For example: if a modeling assignment requires child models to shoot in different locations and pose as different characters – they will be more eager to do it vis-à-vis older models. This is because of the fact that children by nature are inquisitive and eager to learn. The good thing is that this inquisitiveness if channelized properly can take the child model places. This is where the parents come in.
It is extremely necessary that the parents participate in the enthusiasm of their children. Young models can be prone to home sickness and even throw tantrums on location but the reassuring presence of parents will ensure that the shoot goes on smoothly. The second most important point is that the younger the models are the better exposure they will get. In modeling experience and exposure really matters. Normally, the period from 10 to 17 years is the right time for child modeling. Child models can start off even at age 4 or 5 and the good thing is that by the time they are in their teens, they would have amassed a lot of experience and got enough exposure to help them carve their career. By the time these models hit their early 20’s they will be well established., you need to ensure that you promote all the salient points of your child and don’t forget to include as many photographs as possible.
- The coming age
- Charlize: My child I thought was a boy is... a girl! For the first time, the Hollywood actress reveals why her adopted child Jackson is wearing dresses. And her inspiration? Her own mother — who shot her father
- US Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin 'acted as point of contact' for firm run by model scout Jean-Luc Brunel who is blamed for supplying girls sexually abused by Jeffrey Epstein
- Why Play With a Child?
- Dangerous liaison
- Science Week: Ten expert tips for raising tech-savvy and tech-safe children
- What To Do When a Child Yells, "I Didn't Want This Gift"
- Would you save a woman, a child or a DOG in a car crash? Interactive game that reveals how people act in life or death situations is helping to develop 'moral machines' for self-driving cars
- FMIA: Annual NFL Training Camp Tour Begins—And It’s Already In Jeopardy
- How Tumblr went from being the most porn-friendly social media site to banning porn