The Vietnamese entrant in the International Model Festival 2009 in China, Thach Hong Nhung, won the Miss Talent title on the last day of competition.
Before leaving China, Nhung’s laptop broke so she couldn’t immediately relay the good news to Vietnam. When she returned to Vietnam, she lost her mobile phone, so it was not until the day after she returned home, May 15, that Nhung told VietNamNet about the news.
“I won the Miss Talent title on the last day of the contest. I was very surprised but I believe the organising board was right,” Nhung told VietNamNet.
The model from the Mekong Delta city of Can Tho said that the title and experience she learnt from the festival will be very useful for her future as a supermodel.
Nhung said she heard of the first case of A/H1N1 in China in the last days of the festival. She was very worried and only wanted to come home immediately.
- THEN AND NOW: How the Miss America pageant has changed over the years
- How This Former Miss America Winner Changed Diversity and Inclusion
- American Black Film Festival Kicks Off June 11
- Turn On, Tune In: “The Bachelorette” and 5 Other Can’t-Miss Summer TV Premieres
- Andre Agassi's troubled relationship with his coach led to a powerful new sports documentary you shouldn't miss
- Pioneering indie film festival harvests honor on milestone year
- How Netflix Is Winning At The Toronto Film Festival
- Lifestyle Vietnam officially makes December 12 'Day of Pho' Fainting, queue jumping at Hanoi’s iconic Huong Pagoda festival
- What Will It Mean If Amazon Wins An Oscar This Weekend?
- How To Model Your Asian Start-up On the Greatest Companies of Our Generation
- How The Next Stage In Circa’s “Modular Content” Model Works
- The creators of 'Fortnite' just scored a big win in their effort to take over the PC video game marketplace
Vietnamese model wins Miss Talent title at intl’ model festival have 310 words, post on english.cinet.vn at May 18, 2009. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.