Domestic Press Highlights
Medical laboratory opens in Hue City
A medical lab at the Carlo Urbani Centre in Hue City specialising in respiratory disease opened on Wednesday.
The lab, funded by the Italian Government, meets the Biological Safety Level 3 standard. The total cost of the facility was 840,000 euros. The lab is one of the most modern in Viet Nam and Southeast Asia, allowing tests on highly dangerous viruses such as those causing severe acute respiratory syndrome, bird flu and tuberculosis.
NHAN DAN (THE PEOPLE)
VN Railways fails to meet turnover target
Viet Nam Railway’s turnover in the first 15 days of March did not reach the expected target and was lower than the same period last year, according to Viet Nam Railway. The turnover reached only VND102.5 billion (US$5.8 million), 41 per cent of this month’s target and 88 per cent of the same period last year.
THOI BAO KINH TE VIET NAM (VIETNAM ECONOMIC TIMES)
Bottled-water factory faces prosecution
HCM City Health Department inspectors have asked government agencies to prosecute Tan Tan Duc Bottled Water Company which produces the brand name of Golf. The company allegedly violated safety and hygiene standards and operations were suspended on February 17. However, inspectors found the company was still operating when it was checked on Thursday. Many seals on water bottles had been broken and 33 bottles had disappeared.
NGUOI LAO DONG (THE LABOURER)
- New Belfast 'underground bar' Margot to open in city creating 25 new jobs
- Sneak peek of Dixie Dean Hotel as it nears opening in city centre
- Jobs going at new KFC and Costa opening at city retail park
- Popular restaurant announces new opening in city centre
- Lap dancing club to re-open in city as new licence is awarded
- New tattoo studio to open in city entertainment area
- Poll result: Buendia’s ban opens up City chance for Leitner
- New £1m Cill Chuimein Medical Centre opens doors
- Book of condolence opens in City Hall for Cookstown tragedy
- Stunning rooftop bar Eden opens in city