On July 4th, UK consular delegates led by Mrs. Deborah Clarke, UK consulate general to Ho Chi Minh City paid a working visit to Dong Nai province. Delegation was accompanied by representatives of BP Company and SHBC. Receiving the delegation was Mr. Vo Van mot, Chairperson of provincial People’s Committee.
The provincial leader highly appreciated the delegation’s visit and informed the delegation about the socioeconomic developments of the province. Presently, Dong Nai has 18 industrial zones that are operated attracting over 720 investment projects with the total investment capital of over 8.3 billion USD. 32 Of Which are UK investment projects with the registered capital of up to 400 million USD, ranked 6th among 32 nations and territories investing in Dong Nai province. The average GDP per capita of Dong Nai province is 800 USD in a year, 30% higher than that of the whole country. He asserted that the investment from foreign investors, especially the UK investors, has played significant roles to the success of Dong Nai province.
To solve the delegation’s concern about the infrastructure development plan in the coming time, the chairperson of provincial People’s Committee said that many major construction projects such as Phuoc An deep-water port, Long Thanh International Airport, Route connecting HCM City and Nhon Trach district had been carried out. In addition, the province also coordinated with enterprises and vocational schools to educate technical workers as to settle the enterprises’ demand of labor resource.
The UK Consulate General to Ho Chi Minh City thanked the provincial leaders for their helps and cares to UK enterprises in Dong Nai province. She unveiled that UK investors were also interested in doing business in Dong Nai province and they hoped to have chances to talk with provincial leaders about their investment plans.
On this occasion, representatives of BP Company had proposed to the provincial People’s Committee its investment project to build a thermo power plant using natural gas with the capacity of 1,500 MW in Nhon Trach district. And representative of HSBC expressed its desire to open its representative office in Dong Nai.
(Translated by THKC)
- China will defeat Coronavirus — China’s Consul General in Lagos
- China will defeat coronavirus- Consul- General
- We need an evacuation plan now: Lib Dem leader Ed Davey says UK must prepare to bring British citizens and diplomats back from Wuhan after US sends plane to rescue 1,000 Americans trapped in coronavirus hotspot
- Coronavirus: Britons in China want more support from UK
- Coronavirus outbreak: British citizens advised to leave Hubei Province
- Killer coronavirus will hit Britain 'within days': Race is on to find vaccine as UK scientists prepare to fly out to hot spots
- Doctors are on standby at Heathrow to meet any sick passengers arriving from China as all 31 patients tested for coronavirus in UK are CLEARED and Border Force hunts 2,000 people who flew in from Wuhan in last two weeks
- Now killer virus reaches Europe: Hunt is on in UK for 2,000 people who flew in from Wuhan in last two weeks as France declares three cases and first British patient to be tested reveals treatment in 'spaceman suits'
- The Latest: UK updates China travel advice amid outbreak
- Europe's first cases of human-to-human Coronavirus: FOUR German workers catch the disease after Chinese colleague visited from Shanghai - as the death toll hits more than 130
- Khashoggi Case Exposes 'Hypocrisy' of Saudi Arabia's Arms Suppliers - UK NGO
- Hong Kong bans entry of visitors from China virus province
UK consulate general visits Dong Nai province have 561 words, post on at November 7, 2008. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.