Stun batons are another choice in the vast arsenal of self defense products that can be used as a non lethal alternative. When it comes to defending your self and your family self defense products have zoomed in popularity in recent years for several reasons.
The crime rate has helped of course. Crime just isn’t going away any time soon. You just can’t watch the evening news without getting a dose of crime. Kind of SCARY isn’t it.
Some other reasons are the effectiveness of self defense products as a crime prevention tool in the fight against crime. They are cost effective and easy to use and many have multiple functions enhancing their utility.
Stun batons come in two models. One is a whopping 20″ long with 500,000 volts of hair raising power. The other model is 16″ long and has 300,000 volts-certainly enough to get the bad guys attention.
Both of these models can effectively extend your reach so you do not have to physically touch an assailant. In my mind, that is the only possible shortcoming of regular stun guns.
When it comes to fending off an attacker the stun baton in either model is outstanding. They are also effective tools in dog bite prevention and fending off dog attacks a problem that seems to be growing by leaps and bounds.
Anecdotal evidence of dog attacks is not as prevalent as regular assaults but nonetheless it is there on a weekly basis versus daily for human assaults. Hundreds of thousands of victims, mostly children, are bitten and hospitalized annually. About two dozen die every year from dog bites.
Sometimes the sight and sound of a charging stun gun is enough to scare the bad guys away. It is like saying “do you want a bite of this?”
If you are in the market for a self defense product look for quality, effectiveness, and a biggie-LEGALITY.
Stun guns are not legal in some states. Check with your local police department first before you get one. The Stun baton is one of the best.
- Self-Defense Training Offered in Recognition of Sexual Assault Awareness Month
- Gun supporters: 'The only thing we have is self-defense'
- Another substitute bill for affirmative self-defense proposal is proposed
- Chinese Government Claims Soldiers Acted in Self-Defense in Shooting Tibetan Refugees
- Witnesses say dispute over pigeons lead to murder, but was it self-defense?
- Attorney Say Man Acted In Self-Defense When He Killed His Neighbor
- Snapshots: Dance show, self-defense class, pasty dinner and more
- Chinese military aircraft flew over strategic waterway record number of times in fiscal 2017, Japan Defense Ministry says
- Wilson pulls off stunning triumph over top-ranked Lakewood in boys volleyball
- GSDF unit in South Sudan was ordered to carry weapons in summer 2016, mission member and Japan defense official admit
- Submarines: Asia’s underwater arms race
- 71 Out of 103 Destroyed: Here's How Syria's Air Defense Repelled West's Missiles
Stun Batons - The Long Arm of Self Defense have 470 words, post on ezinearticles.com at August 24, 2008. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.