Universal Health care is a type of government created system in which every citizen of a country is given access to various forms of medical care, even if they don’t have the resources to pay out of pocket. While the citizens may be able to pay for some services out of pocket, much of the money for Universal Health care will come through taxation or insurance. One of the first countries to institute this form of medical care successfully was Germany under Otto Von Bismarck. However, the very first Universal Healthcare program was created in Great Britain.Some of the other countries which offer Universal Health care include Australia, France, and Italy. Virtually every industrialized nation currently offers some type of Universal Health care except for the United States. While the definition of Universal Health care largely remains the same, the actual structure of this system will vary from one country to another. The system also varies in terms of how much the government is involved. For example, while some nations allow private doctors to offer their services, other countries do not. In the United Kingdon, doctors can choose to offer services which are outside the government system, but Canada has… Read full this story
- Universal ‘Benefits’ Like Health Care Are Not Gifts, They Are Contracts
- Japan enlists private-sector firms in campaign to tame ballooning health care costs
- Universal health care in Nigeria: is the future here?
- Blacks using home health care most likely to be rehospitalized
- Co-payments and user fees: are they compatible with universal health care?
- Democrats' Budget Asks: Health Care, Homelessness, Higher Education, Welfare
- Clean water is essential to health care around the globe
- Technology, innovation and the changing face of health care
- California Gubernatorial hopefuls look to health care for election edge
- More undocumented immigrants would qualify for health care in $250 million California plan
Universal Health Care have 322 words, post on ezinearticles.com at February 23, 2008. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.